• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raymarine e7D Chartplotter experiences

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
We have a Raymarine e7D chartplotter at the helm, which I love, compared to the older 601XX and RL-9 monochrome radar display that used to be below at the nav table. We have Navionics on an older iPad that is our route-time planner and backup plotter. These were installed in 2015, so I won't get into why I chose them. There's probably a previous thread.

This is not going to be a great ad for Raymarine, but I want to describe the problem I'm having to the Forum for comment. The Raymarine plotter and Lighthouse West Coast Vector charts are not a great combo because the chartplotter seems to get confused and re-boot itself for some reason when up in the Kingston and Everett WA areas. I wonder if any others on the Forum have had and solved a re-booting problem with an e7D in particular? We have high-speed micro-SD cards and the latest version 19 software.

The Vector charts are a fresh download from Raymarine (August 2018). There are missing charts in the West Coast Vector package and I have to get with Raymarine/Lighthouse about that. It basically shows up at the edges of a good chart and beyond that is no detail, no soundings, and just a generic shoreline. Usually the plotter switches to raster charts in between the vector versions, but with this set of Vector charts it doesn't always do that. I have filled in with the Canadian Neighboring US States coverage, or switched back to the US West Coast raster charts that I keep updated also.

The full set of Canada charts from Fugawi ($99) worked fine, although many of them are raster. We were all the way up to Desolation Sound and they worked fine.