• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32-II Parts becoming available sool

kapnkd

kapnkd
I am sad to report that another Ericson is biting the dust to be stripped of most of her useful parts, then cut up and disposed of. Currently she's in a marina half way between Toledo and Detroit at the Western edge of Lake Erie. ...It's a '78 E-32 MkII and there is no way she can be brought back without spending a mint!

My son and I have already bought the mast, boom and rudder (as spare parts). We also purchased the teak companionway hatch in hopes of having it fit my '73 E-32. There are still Lewmar winches on her, excellent bow and stern pulpits not to mention stanchions and supports. The original ports (windows) all look to be in good shape as well (no corrosion or broken glass). Galley drawers look bad but should be able to be brought back. It looks like the Galley Maid stove is salvageable as well (??). The YS Pedestal and wheel looks to be intact but the large sized Aquamarine compass would need a complete rebuild as it's out of fluid and the plastic bowl is in bad shape. Forward and Main Salon hatches look rough but may be salvageable with some elbow grease and sand paper.

We told the marina owner about the EYO site and he will probably be listing many of the items for sale here before much longer.

Dying Ericson2.jpgDying Ericson3.jpgDying Ericson1.jpg

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Sad. Though the pics look quite a lot better than my boat did when I bought it. Or is that diagnosis assuming boatyard prices for work?

Though if it comes down to it, I would probably go for the cabinet drawers & doors and maybe a few stanchions. Too bad it’s ttoo far for me to go pick over. Or maybe it’s a good thing...

Heck, the rubrail extrusions and caps would probably be of great interest to many on here.

Last edited:

kapnkd

kapnkd
Sad. Though the pics look quite a lot better than my boat did when I bought it. Or is that diagnosis assuming boatyard prices for work?

Though if it comes down to it, I would probably go for the cabinet drawers & doors and maybe a few stanchions. Too bad it’s ttoo far for me to go pick over. Or maybe it’s a good thing...

Heck, the rubrail extrusions and caps would probably be of great interest to many on here.

From a distance this Ericson looks pretty good, but up close there are some serious issues that even if you were to take them on yourself would be too costly and time consuming to bring her back. I didn't look at the end caps or extrusions that closely but if I remember, the port side rub rail extrusion had some damage about mid-ship. Starboard side seemed to be OK.

My son and I will be headed back to their marina when they pull the boat. (We've purchased the mast and rudder as spares for our E-32.) If you'd like, we'd be happy to take some photos of specific things you'd be interested in. Also, the marina owner is "good people" and I'm sure can help you out as well with anything of interest to you. He's mostly interested in freeing up his dock space but also wants to recoup some of his lost storage revenues from the previous owner. Not being a sailor or aware of the EYO website, he was happy to learn there would be interest in items off of the boat. He owns an older Chris Craft and appreciates those who care for and restore the older vessels.

-kerry