• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

M25 Water Pump--Oberdorfer

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
  • CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2009</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Tulsa</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">336</dd></dl>

M25 raw water pump..Oberdorfer

I looked up this impeller part for my M25 - 295628. I installed it this morning. My water pump is the one without the c clamp at the end and has the paper gasket. I looked at both the old and new impeller and they both look exactly the same... but, my old one pumps water, and the new one didn’t pump any water at all. Should I run this dry or rev up the engine to break it in?

I feel really stupid right now!

New Impeller, gasket and o-ring for Oberdorfer Pump 202 series

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • 09-01-2018, 03:59 PM
    #3 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116367"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116367" name="plist[116367]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Christian Williams
    user-online.png

Moderator <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2012</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Los Angeles</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">3,306</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Blog Entries</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">75</dd></dl>

Possibly the impeller shaft is not connected to the engine.

Is there a shaft spacer with male and female parts?

If so, the shaft may not be seated, even though the housing reassembled normally (this has happened to me).

Take it apart and make sure the spacer (shaft coupler) is all the way in. How it can reassemble without full contact is beyond me, but it can, and does, and so try again.​

Thelonious II, E381 hull 513 (1984) Universal 5432
    Table of Contents for Thelonious Blog here
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/c/ChristianWilliamsYachting

Promote to Article
  • 09-01-2018, 04:59 PM
    #4 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116368"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116368" name="plist[116368]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2009</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Tulsa</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">336</dd></dl>

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Christian Williams
    Possibly the impeller shaft is not connected to the engine.

Is there a shaft spacer with male and female parts?

If so, the shaft may not be seated, even though the housing reassembled normally (this has happened to me).

Take it apart and make sure the spacer (shaft coupler) is all the way in. How it can reassemble without full contact is beyond me, but it can, and does, and so try again.

Christian, - cool name BTW....
    I took it apart twice, adjusted and re assembled - no luck. I then took the old one - has 1 blade 1/2 cracked and put it back in and it primed, and ran great.
    My take is that this might be a Globe 815 replacement vs a real one from Oberdorfer? I read they have priming issues...

Chris​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • 09-03-2018, 09:46 PM
    #5 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116389"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116389" name="plist[116389]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Kenneth K
    user-offline.png

Sustaining Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Mar 2016</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Gig Harbor, Wa</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">262</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Blog Entries</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">5</dd></dl>

All sounds odd. With the new impeller in place, I'd turn the engine over by hand a few times and make sure the pump shaft and impeller are rotating along with the engine. If so, and it still won't draw water, I'd take the impeller off and make sure the width of the blades is the same as the old one. If the blades don't seal tightly against both the back of the pump housing and the front cover plate, it won't create enough suction to draw water.

My last go-round with a #295628 impeller (purchased directly from Westerbeke) didn't go well either. No matter what I tried, the new impeller would not slide onto the pump shaft (though the old one slid on and off with ease). I don't know if it was a manufacturing defect, a mis-packaged part (the package said 295628), or what, but I was never able to install it. I ordered and installed a Globe 815 instead. The globe installed with ease has worked great ever since.

Ken
    '85 E32-3 "Mariah" #641
    Universal M-25

"Saltwater is the cure; sweat, tears, or the sea......"

Promote to Article
  • 09-04-2018, 08:30 AM
    #6 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116394"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116394" name="plist[116394]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Kenneth K
    All sounds odd. With the new impeller in place, I'd turn the engine over by hand a few times and make sure the pump shaft and impeller are rotating along with the engine. If so, and it still won't draw water, I'd take the impeller off and make sure the width of the blades is the same as the old one. If the blades don't seal tightly against both the back of the pump housing and the front cover plate, it won't create enough suction to draw water.

My last go-round with a #295628 impeller (purchased directly from Westerbeke) didn't go well either. No matter what I tried, the new impeller would not slide onto the pump shaft (though the old one slid on and off with ease). I don't know if it was a manufacturing defect, a mis-packaged part (the package said 295628), or what, but I was never able to install it. I ordered and installed a Globe 815 instead. The globe installed with ease has worked great ever since.

I have found an old one in my drawer that I am going to use right now and have ordered a direct replacement of the old one. I am not sure why the 815 didn't work but I will try again next weekend and see if I rev the engine if I can get water to run.
    As of yesterday - no luck with the 815. I did what was mentioned above when I started this Saturday morning.

Thanks
    Chris​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • 09-04-2018, 09:13 AM
    #7 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116396"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116396" name="plist[116396]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Christian Williams
    user-online.png

Moderator <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2012</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Los Angeles</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">3,306</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Blog Entries</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">75</dd></dl>

This brings up a conclusion I came to slowly.

When I order a "spare" anything now, I put it on the engine immediatety and save the existing part as another backup.

Too many times, especially with old spares, when push comes to shove they don't fit.

I threw away three brand-new alternator belts on this boat. The previous owner had ordered the wrong size, which everyone has done at least once. Looked like I had a full inventory of backups, but--no, they were just a surprise waiting to happen at exactly the wrong time.

My "spare" (new, backup) Oberdorfer pump is now on the engine, and the perfectly good old one is now the "spare."​

Last edited by Christian Williams; 09-04-2018 at 09:18 AM.​
    Thelonious II, E381 hull 513 (1984) Universal 5432
    Table of Contents for Thelonious Blog here
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/c/ChristianWilliamsYachting

Promote to Article
  • 09-04-2018, 10:19 AM
    #8 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116398"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116398" name="plist[116398]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
    This brings up a conclusion I came to slowly.

When I order a "spare" anything now, I put it on the engine immediatety and save the existing part as another backup.

Too many times, especially with old spares, when push comes to shove they don't fit.

I threw away three brand-new alternator belts on this boat. The previous owner had ordered the wrong size, which everyone has done at least once. Looked like I had a full inventory of backups, but--no, they were just a surprise waiting to happen at exactly the wrong time.

My "spare" (new, backup) Oberdorfer pump is now on the engine, and the perfectly good old one is now the "spare."

I have a "Junk Drawer" and to my surprise had an older impeller sitting in the back of the drawer, I also seem to have the packaging that the original impeller came in and ordered one Sunday.... So its in the mail.​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • 09-04-2018, 03:58 PM
    #9 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116409"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116409" name="plist[116409]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Keith Parcells
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Dec 2003</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Channel Islands Harbor, CA</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">815</dd></dl>

I once had priming problems after changing hoses. I finally had to jam a garden hose against the inlet hose and force water through it, then quickly reconnect that inlet hose and it was good to go. Fortunately I was at the dock. I’m not sure if I had a Globe impeller or not. I have used them in the past with good results.​

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Keith Parcells[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1983 E-33
    Hull #24
    Rocinante[/FONT]:egrin:

Promote to Article
  • 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM
    #10 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116411"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116411" name="plist[116411]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Keith Parcells
    I once had priming problems after changing hoses. I finally had to jam a garden hose against the inlet hose and force water through it, then quickly reconnect that inlet hose and it was good to go. Fortunately I was at the dock. I’m not sure if I had a Globe impeller or not. I have used them in the past with good results.

Keith,
    have you ever had to take the sliding companionway hood off? I need to know if screws were used or if the P.O. just screwed it down? Seems odd to use screws with a Barrett 20 winch up here​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • 09-05-2018, 04:07 PM
    #11 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116427"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116427" name="plist[116427]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Keith Parcells
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Dec 2003</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Channel Islands Harbor, CA</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">815</dd></dl>

Chris,

No, I have never taken my sea hood off. I am guessing that it is held on with flat head machine screws and nuts and washers underneath. You may be able to press on the headliner and feel the nuts and washers underneath, though. Give it a try. I will go to my boat tomorrow or Friday and will take a look at it then.​

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Keith Parcells[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1983 E-33
    Hull #24
    Rocinante[/FONT]:egrin:

Promote to Article
  • 09-05-2018, 05:37 PM
    #12 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116430"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116430" name="plist[116430]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Tom Metzger
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2002</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Clifton Park, NY</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">1,446</dd></dl>

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by CSMcKillip
    I have found an old one I am not sure why the 815 didn't work - no luck with the 815.

quote_icon.png
    When I order a "spare" anything now, I put it on the engine immediately and save the existing part as another backup.

Oh damn! I guess I have to install my spare Globe 815 this week to see if it works. I don't normally change impellers often, being in fresh water.

This spring I did change out the raw water inlet hose which eliminated having to pre-fill the strainer for the first start.​

Tom Metzger
    E-34 Xanthus

Promote to Article
  • 09-05-2018, 08:02 PM
    #13 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116433"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116433" name="plist[116433]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Keith Parcells
    Chris,

No, I have never taken my sea hood off. I am guessing that it is held on with flat head machine screws and nuts and washers underneath. You may be able to press on the headliner and feel the nuts and washers underneath, though. Give it a try. I will go to my boat tomorrow or Friday and will take a look at it then.

Mine have screws... just to let you know. I don’t know why as it has a dam winch in the middle of it. I would hate to have that loaded up and ripped off!!!​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Promote to Article
  • Today, 12:41 PM
    #14 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116501"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116501" name="plist[116501]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

Tom Metzger
    user-offline.png

Principal Partner <dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Oct 2002</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Clifton Park, NY</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">1,446</dd></dl>

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Tom Metzger
    Oh damn! I guess I have to install my spare Globe 815 this week to see if it works. I don't normally change impellers often, being in fresh water.

The Globe 815 works on my M-25XP.​

Tom Metzger
    E-34 Xanthus

Promote to Article
  • Today, 02:22 PM
    #15 <label for="post_imod_checkbox_116503"><input class="postimod" type="checkbox" id="post_imod_checkbox_116503" name="plist[116503]" value="4" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.88px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; top: 0px; position: relative;"></label>​

CSMcKillip
    user-offline.png

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Tom Metzger
    The Globe 815 works on my M-25XP.

Thanks Tom for the update. Just got another one in so I think I have enough now for the life of the boat. I have 1 good used one , 2 815 that may work and a new one from Oberdorfer....​

Chris McKillip
    E33RH-Hull 22
    www.e33rh.blogspot.com

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Weird formatting

I lost the formatting on this thread while attaching this note to it. It's a report posted by the site owner, Sean, long ago--I had not run into this information before concerning older Oberdorfer pumps.

Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 5:24 AM
To: ssengle
Subject: Re: O Barquinho

Hi Sean,

re.: raw water pump Before the trip and before the haul-out, I had changed the raw water pump impeller and the gasket on the cover. After the haul-out, the pump did not self prime, which should have warned me. On the way up to Vancouver, the engine overheated twice due to loss of cooling.

Fortunately, I had installed an acoustic warning buzzer, so the engine was not damaged. As I realised later, it happened both times when the boat was rocked by a ferry/tug passing close by. Air must have been sucked into the intake.

I found a discussion on a Cal34 website, where one owner had complained about getting no cooling after sailing on a certain tack. Some people claimed the (original) Oberdorfer pump on the Universal M25 is not supposed to be self-priming, but others wrote the problem was in the new, slightly thicker gaskets creating a larger gap between impeller and cover plate.

Another problem I found was a groove in the cover plate created by the impeller. We polished it out, but the pump was still not priming, probably due to another grove in the housing (or the gasket). I think, a non self-priming pump is totally unacceptable, as motoring in a somewhat rough sea e.g. in the Dixon Entrance could mean loosing the cooling every 10 minutes. Fortunately, I was able to buy a new Oberdorfer pump in Vancouver. They now are made of a different, tougher material, not as easily ground out by the impeller.

Another thing I did was to install a strainer in the input line. Which turned out to be a wise idea later, when we passed a cannery in Alaska dumping a lot of organic waste into the water. This time I saw the thermometer climbing, which was due to a thick layer of particles in the strainer. They probably would have coagulated in the heat exchanger and totally blocked it otherwise.

Each time before going out on open water, I closed the sea valve, opened the strainer and started the engine, sucking in air to test if afterwards the cooling works again. And it did.

I realise, I should make this experience available to other Ericson owners.

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

Christian,
i read this last week after reading Sean’s comments and went back to when he sold his boat.
I will be keeping an eye on my temp over the next couple of weeks. What lead me to replace the old impeller is that my temp was what I felt high at 185-190. It is usually right around the 165-170ish mark. I had cleaned the boat up two months ago and looked down to see the light on but no buzzer. I have searched here, the sailboat forum as well as the Catalina34 site due to my boat being so close to equipment used on the 34.

Thanks everyone for all the good information...

chris

Kevin A Wright

Member III
Thanks for that old thread Christian. I'm the current owner of Sean/Erwin's E35. The new pumps must be OK since I've never had any issues with it in the last 5 years. Did have some marginal overheating issues but that was due to the old smaller heat exchanger (and fittings) which I changed out a year ago. But never any problem with the raw water pump not self priming.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy