• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Where all the Great lakes Ericsons Are

Phill

Phill
Milwaukee

E29 - Non Sequitur - On the stand at Horney Goat in winter and slip 19 at Hansen Marina in the river during season.

garryh

Member III
I bought my 35-2 from a marina at the top end of Lake St Clair. Would have loved to have sailed it back to Georgian Bay but a bit too adventurous in an unknown older boat that had been sitting for two years anyway. So had it trucked... at four times what I paid for the boat ; |
(donation boat... serious work needed on decks and bulkheads; no main)
I am in Midland, SE corner of GB. Have not seem any other Ericsons so far.

Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy
35-2 in Chicago by the name "Eleven." There are 2 other sisterships here too. Saw another in Racine, WI last summer, heard she was getting new bulkheads. Rumor has it others are looking for 35-2's to bring to Chicago.

garryh

Member III
"slip 19 at Hansen Marina in the river during season"
if you meant Harsen's marina, that is where my 35-2 was located when I bought it

Mark Roberts

E34-200 Kingston, Ontario
34-200 here in Kingston, Lake Ontario, gateway to the 1000 islands. There is also a 32 in our Yacht Club.

windblown

Member III
Lake Ontario — Rochester

32-3 on the Genesee River, and there’s an Ericson 27 here with us at Rochester Yacht Club.

mike2204

E34-2

I've owned an E-34-2, Summer Wind, berthed at Knife River on Minnesota's North Shore of Lake Superior, since 2015.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Peluso
Minneapolis
1988 Ericson 34-2
"Summer Wind"

Last edited:

Gaviate

Member III
New owner
icon7.gif
of E27 currently in Green Bay, soon moving to Fish Creek on Door Peninsula.....working on the name.... and working on the boat:) Fresh bottom paint, new sheets and halyards, re-bedding deck hardware....just loving it and launch day is fast approaching!!

CPeregord

Sailing Reckless
Lake St.Clair

Hi guys!
This is my second year with my E35 Mark ll in Lake St.Clair. I live aboard during the summer.
Wondering how many in this group are still here?

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hi guys!
This is my second year with my E35 Mark ll in Lake St.Clair. I live aboard during the summer.

Still at Ford Yacht Club (Southern end of Grosse Ile, MI at NW tip of Lake Erie) with my '73 E32-II. ...Also, there are two E-38's, one E-27, one E-30 and one E-29 here as well. You'll also find one or two more Ericson owners at the Monroe Boat Club and I think another at North Cape in Toledo Beach Marina area.

Hopefully see out on the water!!!

MarineCityBrian

Apprentice Tinkerer
Hi guys!

Yep - also on Lake St Clair. Was at Jefferson Beach Marina, but switched to Markley Marine on the Clinton River a few years ago (cheaper, has a pool for the kids and closer to home, but longer to the water). There are at least a couple other Ericsons at Markley and I know there are still a few at JBM.

CPeregord

Sailing Reckless
Yep - also on Lake St Clair. Was at Jefferson Beach Marina, but switched to Markley Marine on the Clinton River a few years ago (cheaper, has a pool for the kids and closer to home, but longer to the water). There are at least a couple other Ericsons at Markley and I know there are still a few at JBM.

This will be my 3rd year at JBM. Last year they came up with some new rules that I don't care for. I looked for somewhere else to go but couldn't find anything. Wish I would've talked to you sooner! Next year:)

robjpowell

Member II
Slight thread drift here.

My name is Rob and I am part of the demise of Great Lake Ericson...

Sorry folks for aiding and abetting the decline. In 2005 we purchased our 35-II from Ashtabulla, OH. I don't know of her earlier history but her sail number was 15356. After we bought her she moved to Baltimore for 2 years then to Boston for another 7. For the last 5 years she has been living the life in New Zealand -we are both kiwis and returned 'home' after a couple of decades in the US. She spends the whole year in the water with winters on a mooring in Whangarei Harbor and summers moored in the Bay of Islands.

Mike_W.

Member I
Just bought Redbeard, 1987 E38, in Maryland and had her trucked in at the end of Nov. Staying at Jefferson Beach for this summer. She has been on the hard for 5 years. See y'all out there if she floats. So glad we found our Ericson.

Gary Holford

Member II
Twelveth? season in paradise at Spanish Marina on the pristine waters of the North Channel. I think I'm the only permanent resident Ericson in my waters but I usually see a few transient Ericsons through the summer. Fair winds

kapnkd

kapnkd
Just bought Redbeard, 1987 E38, in Maryland and had her trucked in at the end of Nov. Staying at Jefferson Beach for this summer. She has been on the hard for 5 years. See y'all out there if she floats. So glad we found our Ericson.

Congratulations on your purchase! Wishing you fair winds and great adventures! Hopefully our paths will cross at some point!

Ken Haneline

Member II
Lake Erie Cleveland

We have a 1980 30+ at Shoreby's Newport Harbor just east of downtown Cleveland. To you Ericson owners to the west, please start sending us your better weather. Urgh! Ken