• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

For sale: winches and clutches

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
-- Two used Barient #10 single speed standard (not self-tailing) winches. Good condition. Asking $100 for the pair.

-- One used Barient #18 two-speed standard winch, Good condition. Asking $100.

-- Two used "EasyLock" clutches. One "double", one "triple". Asking $100 for the pair, will separate.

-- Two *new* "EasyLock" clutches. Both "triples". Bought on Ebay, new in wrapping, really nice just decided to go another way. I paid $300 for the pair, open to reasonable offers.

Will also be posting these on a local forum, but would love to see them stay in the Ericson family.

If not local, buyer pays shipping...

Bruce

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Barient-10s are sold.

Barient-18 and EasyLock clutches still up for grabs.

Bruce

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Barient-10s are sold.

Barient-18 and EasyLock clutches still up for grabs.

Bruce

Do new EasyLock clutches work better the old easy lock clutches? When I am locking the old ones down tight I always think "this time the handle is going to break". But new ones would be easy to swap out.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Do new EasyLock clutches work better the old easy lock clutches?

Hard to answer authoritatively.

The new ones are very smooth in operation, where the old ones feel like they're binding somewhere. As you say, it always seems like the handle is about to break.

On the other hand, they're the same design as the old ones, so if that binding feeling is a design "feature", these will have it too.

On the third hand... they're 33 years newer than the old ones, and the old ones still work, so... there's that.

Bruce

907Juice

Continuously learning
image.jpg

Bruce, I can’t figure out how to take this apart. There isn’t any kind of snap ring that I can see. How did you get the top off?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
(laughing)

yeah, I posted somewhere the secret of the Baruent-10: to disassemble, you press down on a plastic plate at the bottom of the socket, and the top pops off.

I’d never seen that in any Barient docs... you figured it out much faster than I did!

Bruce

907Juice

Continuously learning
Yeah played with it for about a half an hour and then went to the interwebs and couldn’t figure it out. Right after I posted, I looked at it again thought WAIT A SECOND!!!! Grabbed a 3/8 driver extension as it popped apart... BAM!

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Hard to answer authoritatively.

The new ones are very smooth in operation, where the old ones feel like they're binding somewhere. As you say, it always seems like the handle is about to break.

On the other hand, they're the same design as the old ones, so if that binding feeling is a design "feature", these will have it too.

On the third hand... they're 33 years newer than the old ones, and the old ones still work, so... there's that.

Bruce
Right, I have the 31 year olds and they work. I’ll keep them for now. Thanks!