• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Where to put a trash can. E380 which is the same as a 38-200

L

Leslie Newman

Wife and I can't figure out the best solution for a trash can. On a 38, what has been solutions for handling trash?
Thanks.

L

Leslie Newman

Check out Christian's blog entry on this subject. Very functional and looks great.

I hope I pasted this link correct. If not, browse Christian William's blog entries and I believe its on page 2

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?482-Ericson-38-Swing-Door-Trash-Bin

Thank you. Unfortunately I think the 381 is a totally different animal than the 38-200. My shower backs up to the cockpit lazarette. If I am understanding the pics correctly, his galley backs up to the lazarette. My previous CAL was similar, in that I had a pass through with a trash can sitting in the lazarette. The E-380 doesn't seem to have a nice way to fit a trash can in the galley.

Baslin

Member III
Thank you. Unfortunately I think the 381 is a totally different animal than the 38-200. My shower backs up to the cockpit lazarette. If I am understanding the pics correctly, his galley backs up to the lazarette. My previous CAL was similar, in that I had a pass through with a trash can sitting in the lazarette. The E-380 doesn't seem to have a nice way to fit a trash can in the galley.

Oh ok I gotcha. I forgot about the layout difference

L

Leslie Newman

Thanks much for the link. Appears most are doing what we did during our voyage home, hang a bag in front of the oven and then move the smaller trash bag to a larger bag in the stern locker.

I will investigate what space is available if I were to remove that tilt out to the left of the oven. That tilt out is basically useless as installed.

Kevin A Wright

Member III
My E35 III has that pass through as well. Very, very nice to have after decades of 'kicking the can' on the E27.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

markvone

Sustaining Member
Just to add to the trash talk

The E36RH also has the more highly advanced trash pass-thru. However, my PO routed the fridge lines along the edge of the bag space/ compartment in the lazzerette so full trash bags now resemble the old Roach Motel of my youth - trash goes in but it doesn’t want to come out.
I have found that a typical office size trash bin (mine is a 5 gal Sterilite rectangular) wedges behind the companionway stairs and fwd of the engine cover.
Mark

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
We hang our bag forward of the galley sink and stow larger items in the aft lazerette.