• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Teak bulkhead depth 1988 E26-3

Grandsailsdan

I am looking to mount a gimbaled oil lamp on the bulkhead of my new-to-me 1988 E26-3. I don't want to go any deeper than necessary with the mounting screws. Anyone know how much depth I have before I poke through the wall in the adjacent head?

Thanks!
Dan Hamme

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Most (all?) teak-face bulkheads in our boat are half inch.
This is indeed something to think about when mounting stuff on them with screws.

Glyn Judson

How thick it it..........really?

Dan, Grab a small drill bit and make a test hole through the starboard bulkhead to the outboard end of it. Far enough outboard that the settee cushions will cover it. That should have you ending up with a hole into the head beneath the locker and behind the locker door, well out of sight. Then you can measure it accurately. Now out boat is slightly larger but that bulkhead is comprised of two 1/2" teak veneered plywood panels glued together. Maybe??? yours is that thick too. But the only sure way is to do as suggested above , to grill a small hole. Best of luck and let us know, Former owner of E25+ hull #515 and for the past 23 years, E31 hull $55, Glyn Judson, Marina del Rey CA