• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Lahaina YC members?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Anyone here a member of Lahaina Yacht Club?

I was thinking of dusting off my associate (non-resident) membership, mostly for the reciprocals. But it's been so long that I need to re-apply from scratch.

Which means I need a letter of introduction from a current member.

Anyone here a member?

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Our club has long had "reciprocals" with them. I and Kathy had a nice lunch there in 2014 while visiting as tourists. If you have a current membership card from a YC, you can probably sign their log and visit.
There must be hundreds (!) of club burgees hanging overhead!

The pulled pork sandwich was excellent, BTW.

:)

Loren

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
If you have a current membership card from a YC, you can probably sign their log and visit.There must be hundreds (!) of club burgees hanging overhead

I'm actually looking at this the other direction. I'm thinking of joining a club, mostly for the reciprocals. The two most local clubs (Everett and Milltown) have reciprocals with a few dozen clubs around Puget Sound, many pretty esoteric. I'd like to end up with reciprocals at a variety of clubs (such as Royal Vic), and bonus if I end up with reciprocals outside the Sound, too.

I'm mindful that when I was once a member of LYC, I enjoyed the fact that they have reciprocals with upward of 1000 clubs, all over the world. So I'm trying to explore whether or not it makes sense to re-join Lahaina, it's been something like 20 years since I let it expire.

Bruce