• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Leak in holding tank or hose / hose fitting - 1989 E38 200

DaveC

Has anyone pulled out the holding tank? Any lessons learned, or tips? It looks like a bitch of a project because of its location (forward area of the cockpit locker), and the amount of dismantling that what seems to be required.

Ben_vt

DaveC, I now find myself in the same boat with my 35-3. I’m guessing you now have experience since this isn’t a problem you let go. Any advice?

debonAir

Member III
My 35-3 holding tank is under the port settee fwd of the water tank. Also looks difficult to remove. I'll be doing it soon to replace all the hoses with the new head, so I'd love to hear advice too!

Sean Engle had a post on doing all this but I can't find it (it was a long time ago apparently). If I can get a copy I'll post it in this thread.

Bob Robertson

Member III
Hi Dave,

I had the same problem a bunch of years ago. I used a hole saw to saw a hole near the bottom (probably 3 or 4 inches from the bottom) of the wall in the shower that faces forward. That gave me easy access to the hose and the hose clamp.

I bought a Beckson water proof Screw-Out inspection Plate to finish the hole and to allow future easy access. They have them at Defender. I won't get up to my boat for a week or two, but when I do I'll send you a picture.

I just had to tighten the hose clamp to fix my problem.

900339.jpg

Hi Dave,

Here is the picture of the access point to the holding tank, hose and the hose clamp that I installed.

Ericson%20Head%20Shower.jpg

Last edited: