• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

looking for parts for 35-2 tall

Tim Claseman

I have recently acquired an 88 35-2 tall rig . I am looking for 1 any used sails for and main as well as a source for the compass and throttle control and possibly the whole steering station if need be. this was a survivor of HARVEY. the boat did well, the scavengers did well too. Please contact me 361 563 9283 or mongrelsurfboards@att.net . Thanks Tim

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Did you mean to say an E-35-3 ? Production of the previous model, the E-35-2, ended in about '79.

My '88 YS pedestal is holding up well, but many others have been less lucky. Our boat has been in fresh water since 1994 and that also is very kind to aluminum castings.
Unless you find a pristine replacement, it might be best to go with an Edson unit. Our old pedestal parts lost their "factory support" when the company folded in the early 90's. In the late 90's a chandler in Seattle had the last of the YS leftover new parts, and that chandler is now long out of business.
"Progress" as the word is sometimes worshipfully used, has some distinct downsides. :rolleyes:

If you have a friend with a wholesale account, now is the time to gift that person with a bottle of decent scotch. :)

Sails , OTOH, get old and stretched. The thieves may have gotten little value there. Perhaps you can source some new dacron sails locally. (?)

Best of luck to you!

Last edited: