• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

No notifications from forum activity?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I used to get email notifications whenever someone responded to a thread I was engaged in, or sent me a PM.

I just realized I haven't received any notifications from the site for a while. Maybe as much as a month.

Has something changed on the forum side? Anyone else getting notifications? Is it just me? (O_O)

(and... sorry to those of you whose PM's I've ignored... without the notifications I never noticed I had messages!)

Thanks,
Bruce

JPS27

Member III
I put the same question to Loren in his capacity as moderator :) He didn't know what was going on. But I happened upon those emails in my gmail junk or spam folder. Can't remember which. Maybe it was junk because I seem to remember the option to pick the "this is not junk mail" option. But I had numerous of those heads up emails given all the posting I'm doing and help I'm receiving. Stand by for more of those from me lol.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Hmmmm.

I've checked my junkmail folder, no joy.

I even did a search of my entire inbox for anything with Ericson in the header... the last one I received was April 12th.

I checked my forum settings, the options to send me notifications about threads and PMs are still "on".

I'm trying not to take it personally (grin)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I got a notification today and generally get a few each day, unchanged from routine.

Only from threads I have posted in.

Let's all keep track, we'll probably have to solve this ourselves with the hive brain.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Still no notifications from EYO.

Although, I have noticed that about the time I stopped getting notifications from here, I started getting spam from Us Magazine.

Today's: "So Inspiring! Meghan Markle Inspired Pumps and More Midweek Pick-Me-Ups"

:0

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Bruce,

I got a full set of email notifications this morning, including a notification for this thread and your most recent post.

Here is what my "subscriptions" pane looks like at Settings/My Subscriptions. You would think the boxes would be checked, but they are not. Yet I still get notifications:

bruceCapture.jpg

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Interesting. There are about 30 threads I show as "subscribed to" with activity since April 12, but no notifications.

I've checked the "instant" box on this one, just to see if that makes a difference (but it would still make me wonder what changed).

I'm also not receiving email notifications of new PMs - which is actually what made me notice this. I had missed what I'm SURE was a compelling and comprehensive missive from Tom Metzger.... he even told me it was!

I checked my settings, they look fine, and the email address is correct.

notifications.jpg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
So I changed one of my settings yesterday, and all of a sudden I'm getting notifications again! ☺️
But I'm sure I didn't change anything in the previous while to explain why I lost them.
Nice to have it fixed.
Frank