• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34 owners: what's your 15" Max-Prop pitch?

Teranodon

Member III
I'm re-powering my E34 with a 25 horsepower Beta. I took apart the 15" Max-Prop and am wondering whether I should keep the 22-degree (11.4") pitch (see photos). Does anyone have a view on this? Many thanks.

MP1.jpg

MP2.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Keep us posted on the engine change. I am in the midst of a similar change -- from a Universal M25XP to a new Betamarine 25. I will initially keep the present three blade fixed prop and hope that the similar transmission ratio will get us to the same speed.

I will put this into my blog after I get some pix compiled with some words assembled.

Do post up some pix when you can.
Did you convert to a four-footed mount?
Did you get the 70 amp alternator option? Which control panel did you choose?
Changing the whole exhaust system over to 2" is fun also. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

EGregerson

Member III
pitch

i don't know that i'd re pitch to accommodate the additional 2 hp; (unless u re-pitched for the universal toward the end of it's life when it had something less than 23 HP). If it as working well before, i think i'd try it as is on the new motor and adjust from there. Does the manufacturer give guidance for pitch on that prop using the new motor?

Teranodon

Member III
For the record, here is the correct answer to my own question: call the friendly folks at PYI. They will ask for the prop type, engine model and RPM. Then they will recommend a pitch. For the 15" Max-Prop and Beta 25 engine, they recommend 16 degrees of pitch. I'm going to set mine to 18 degrees. It was set to 22 degrees with the aged Universal 25XP that I am replacing - probably too high.

EGregerson

Member III
prop pitch

sounds like ur sailing in the right direction. It's interesting they're using "degrees" of pitch; i always saw it in """ :esad: