• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Repair of dripping galley faucet on E34

Teranodon

Member III
I have a dripping galley faucet on my E34. So I want to replace the stem assemblies, but don't know what part number to order. There are several very similar models with the designation 3S-XH/C where X can be 8 or 10 or 11, etc. Does anyone know the correct part number? All help greatly appreciated.

Delta faucet.jpg

fool

Member III
You might not need the whole stem assembly. Inside the supply line there is a little rubber washer on top of a spring. I took out the old spring and rubber, took them to the hardware store, found a match, and reinstalled after a bit of cleaning inside the valve with a wire brush and toothpick. Worked like a charm for about three and a half bucks.

My recollection is there is also a bit of plastic between the spring and rubber, so watch for that too. Getting them in the right positioning was a bit of a trick, but a blunt pencil helped stack everything back in place. I've done this twice in the last three years, once for each valve. Pop the old stem back in and Bob's ur uncle....

Cheers,

Max