• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED Atomic 4 Propeller - 1978 Ericson 27

chrisoelder

Member II
Hi All!

Looking for a new prop for my atomic 4 powered 1978 E27. New or used is fine for me

I am located in Marina Del Rey, LA, CA

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:

paul culver

Member III
I have one I've been trying to sell. PM me if you're interested. it's an indigo

Jay

Hi JPS
Just curious as to why you are selling your Indigo prop since I am thinking of getting one and hope you didn't have a bad experience with yours.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

JPS27

Member III
Not at all. While I had my atomic 4 it worked fine. But my A-4 went belly up, and I replaced it with an equally old but well running Yanmar. That was about 3-4 years ago. I did keep the prop on with the new engine for a bit as I saved some money for the new prop. As a new-to-boating person back at that time it was an interesting lesson on the importance of proper prop pitch and diameter. With the A-4 the indigo could move the boat quite nicely and what you would expect. With the yanmar the same prop might push the boat 3 knots with the wind at my back!

paul culver

Member III
Not at all. While I had my atomic 4 it worked fine. But my A-4 went belly up, and I replaced it with an equally old but well running Yanmar. That was about 3-4 years ago. I did keep the prop on with the new engine for a bit as I saved some money for the new prop. As a new-to-boating person back at that time it was an interesting lesson on the importance of proper prop pitch and diameter. With the A-4 the indigo could move the boat quite nicely and what you would expect. With the yanmar the same prop might push the boat 3 knots with the wind at my back!

One other question. How is the prop walk in reverse with the Indigo?

Thanks

Paul
E29 "Bear"

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
My feeling is that the prop walk is less than with my former two-blade. But then sometimes, for no reason, it seems quite strong. Possibly just a matter of extra boost from a cross-wind.