• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

McMaster Carr

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I just found some parts I needed on their Huge (!) web site that were seemingly not available locally. No big deal, but other than providing a new password, their site remembers my last order from 2010. :nerd:
Interesting and rather large vendor, in that they do not mind small-order customers.

I have bought several shapes and sizes of G10 material from them in the past. (There is a good source for flat G10 stock in town, but not the right-angle shape that is so handy for boat projects.)

Anyhow, nothing cosmic to report except that the process was as quick as I recall from the previous times.

https://www.mcmaster.com

And no, I have no business or personal connection with them... just a customer.

It just occurs to me that perhaps their database likes/remembers me because I still use (and own) my old registered Oregon business name from 1981. Their site referenced my entry by that name, come to think of it. Oh well, at least they have no prejudice against tiny little businesses. :)

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Incredible for stainless fasteners, G10 of all shapes, sizes, and thicknesses, threaded doodads of every description, and even for the little green and red balls at the end of the levers for my 1969 Atomic Four throttle and transmission cables, which had become bleached and pitted from exposure. The website’s ease of navigation considering the number of SKUs behind it is unbelievable. There’s an app, too, BTW.

I scoured marine stores for fifteen years looking for those replacement plastic grab knobs with no success. Turns out those things are standard forklift control lever knobs, and replacements at McMaster were $12 - in stock, and in stainless, no less. They look amazing.

I’m expecting a delivery from McMaster today of some ridiculous 3/4” x 12” stainless bolts to be used as axles for a dinghy beach dolly I’m building as a favor to a friend whose home we’re staying at for the week. Stupid overkill for a gizmo that really relies on a single $6 2x4, but McMaster is happy to sell me two and I know they’ll charge a reasonable shipping fee.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Yes, they are an excellent company. They are not far from me and I typically pick up items at their will call window. The service is spectacularly fast.

Their website it very easy to navigate. They also have a mobile app and it, too, is quite good.

u079721

Contributing Partner
Many, many years ago when I first started working at Dow Chemical I noticed these giant yellow McMaster Carr catalogs in all the shops and storerooms, and was amazed by what one could find available within. Back then they only dealt with businesses, so I pretended to be the "Christensen Rigging Service", and to my great pleasure they began to take orders for the hundreds of things I needed to complete projects on my Ericson. They even sent me my own catalog! They have since begun doing mail order and online retail, and are still the go to place for any fitting, type of hose, or shim material that you can't find anywhere else. And their prices were often about half of what West Marine would charge.