• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 for sale - Redondo Beach, CA

AndrewD

Hi all, I'm selling my 1977 Ericson 27 tall mast in Redondo Beach, CA (King Harbor). I've moved to Alaska and she's just sitting down there all sad and lonely.

It's a project boat, but if you're reasonably handy it should only take a weekend or two to get her back on the water. The engine just needs a new coil, alternator (and probably batteries; they're 8 years old). After that, she should be ready to day sail.

The engine currently doesn't run as the coil burnt out. The alternator is suspect and I'd replace it along with the aging house/starting battery. I just rebuilt the fuel pump and carb and replaced the fuel filter. She was starting right up and sounded really good until the coil went! There should be plenty of life left in that engine.

Just replaced the two lower port shrouds; the rest of the rigging is getting a little tired, but should last you a couple more seasons. Same with sails. All the teak needs love, she's missing a hand rail and the companion way hatch is a bit ugly. That said, the helm leaves lots of room for entertaining and she's a delightful blue.

I just dumped $1,500 in lines, fire extinguishers, etc so at least that's covered =) I have most of the manuals in PDF so you can browse them in their electronic glory.

She's a great little boat and has lots of life in her for someone that has the time to get her up to snuff. I wish I had the time to work on her, but I just don't! If anyone's interested I can send pictures and lots more information.

Let's say $3,000, but I'm open to offers. I'm basically selling to stop paying slip fees and would really like to see it go to someone who will appreciate her. The wilder your plan/bigger your adventure the cheaper I'm will to let it go ;)

Thanks!

--Andrew