• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

LED Bulbs - FREE

markvone

Sustaining Member
Ten LED Bulbs from Ebay. I bought the wrong ones so I don't need these. Best to check the bulb number of your current bulbs (like I didn't :)).

These replace #1156 incandescent. They have a single contact on the end and the pins are parallel. Color is Warm White.

Free if you can use them. You pay shipping, these only cost $10 on Ebay so hopefully shipping will only be a buck or two.

The other cheap Ebay bulbs I wound up with work great, no problems with FM interference. I went from 10.7 amps with 9 fixtures on to 1.6 amps with the LED bulbs.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
Mark, it takes about 1 minute to desolder/resolder in the appropriate base. I bought a bunch of cheap leds on ebay too, and then took the bases from my incadescent lamps and soldered them to the LED's. The issue is many automotive lamps use the base as the ground, where the marine lamps have a positive and negative terminal. If you don't want them, I will take them but I would encourage you to spend a half hour or so with a soldering iron. If not, I can send you my address in a PM and I will take them. Thanks, Shaun