• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Non skid paint color?

fool

Member III
I’m in the process of painting the anchor locker lid non skid and trying to identify the color paint to use. I’ve just found out the hard way it’s not off white. Looking at the color chart again I’m wondering if it’s Bristol Biege. Anyone know if Ericson had a standard color for the non skid?

https://interlux.com/en/us/boat-paint/topcoat-finish/brightside-polyurethane

4208 Hatteras Off White, at least that's what it most looks like on my vessel. Don't know why they're calling it Hatters on the color samples.

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
Non Skid Paint Color

4208 Hatteras Off White, at least that's what it most looks like on my vessel. Don't know why they're calling it Hatters on the color samples.

It still looks a little bright. I'm leaning towards Bristol Beige. Anyone painted their non skid recently?

Hatteras Off-White.jpgBristol Beige.jpg

markvone

Sustaining Member
Brightside Color Match for Non-Skid

Hi Mike,

It looks like you painted the anchor locker lid from your blog entry photo.

How did the Bristol Beige color match the non-skid? It looks a little dark in the blog photo but it's hard to tell. Did you investigate a custom color match?

I need to do some spot paint (sea hood, propane locker lid) but only if I can match the non-skid color. I'll also have to match Perfection which has different colors.

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Custom

As far as I can tell there isn't an "out of the can" match for the Ericson non-skid. I did a repair on the mast step for my 28 and the Hatteras Off White is definitely lighter in color. If you can get some pigment you may be able to adjust the color starting with the Hatteras as the base. The Beige looks a bit too dark. If the sun ever shines again I'll try to post a photo.

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
Hi Mike,

It looks like you painted the anchor locker lid from your blog entry photo.

How did the Bristol Beige color match the non-skid? It looks a little dark in the blog photo but it's hard to tell. Did you investigate a custom color match?

I need to do some spot paint (sea hood, propane locker lid) but only if I can match the non-skid color. I'll also have to match Perfection which has different colors.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark, yes the Bristol Beige is darker than the rest of the non-skid. I've still got to repaint he propane locker lids as well and I'm planning to mix up a batch of off-white with it
to see if I can make a match or I'll try the Hatteras off-white. BTW I've found the the color charts are not that useful for matching the non-skid.