• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Interesting Suppliers of Plastic and Wood

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I've been seeking plastic suppliers for deck hardware bases. This site also has lots good stuff for instrument panels, engine panel covers, etc. A helpful site:
I've also been looking for some exotic woods for a few small projects. I'm going to try to repair some cracked/split teak trim pieces with contrasting "inlays." Ebay can be great for these, too, if you already have a particular wood type in mind, but this is the most comprehensive display of exotic woods I've seen. It was fun to just browse through all the possibilities:

Last edited by a moderator:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
If you are on the west coast, as I have mentioned before, you can also stop into your local Tap Plastics storefront and rummage through their scrap bin - everything in there is sold by the pound. So far I haven't spent more than a couple of dollars for any boat project. You can also just take in your drawing and they'll do the project for you for a pretty reasonable cost. But where's the fun in that?