• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 for sale - Vancouver Island $6500 CAD

TimTimmeh

Member II
Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded to an Ericson 34 so now my Ericson 29 is for sale in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver island; Asking $6500 CAD.
Rather than re-post the add here i'll just add the link to the CL add for more info.

deleted

Thanks,
Tim

Update: SOLD in 24 hours, that must be some kind of record?

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Great choice for your E-29 replacement. Of course I'm only slightly biased. I absolutely love my 34. I will let the club know one is available. Will we see you at the Rendezvous in Genoa Bay?

TimTimmeh

Member II
E29 for sale

I haven't really gotten to "know" the 34 yet but I picked her over a lot of nice boats. I really wanted a 38 but came to realize that I couldn't find a 38-200 within budget or even in the local area and the 34 is really enough boat...for now; I looked at a very nice 35-3 and and older 38, but for some reason (purely personal) I didn't like how some of the chain plate tie rods were bolted to the cabinetry, I'm sure it is plenty strong but I really like the way the tierods are done in the 34, and the later 38s.

I adore the 29, but I am looking forward to figuring out the ways of the 34. ps I am getting a lot of interest on the 29 so far, it's priced to sell.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Congratulations. Great boat. Our Yacht Club has one for training adults how to sail. Put July 7-9 down on your calendar. That's the Ericson Rendezvous at Genoa Bay. It's a great time to meet a lot of Ericson owners and check out the boats. See the thread at Ericsons Northwest and British Columbia.

Happy sailing.

windrider

Thanks Bob

I will definitely put that on the calendar. I haven't sailed for quite a while so if I remember how to do it we will be there!!

Geoff

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Geoff,
Congratulations on your boat purchase. I think you'll really enjoy sailing her, and Nanaimo is a great location for sailing the Strait of Georgia or the Gulf islands with its many beautiful anchorages.
I also live in Nanaimo, own an Ericson 30+, and could give you a hand if needed to get her set up or respond to questions as you get to know your boat.
Frank

windrider

Hi Frank

Thanks for the welcome and the offer to help....I'll need it! We already know each other as I am in E28 slip with the Searay!!

I'll see you soon.

Geoff

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Oh wow! Small world, eh! I thought you would own that power boat for the long haul and go fishing--had no idea you were going to buy a sailboat, an Ericson no less. Such good judgement! :)
Frank

windrider

Hi Frank

Good judgement? I don't know about that! Type of boat yes but whether I did the right thing or not I don't know! Pat (DW) has never sailed and I haven't for about 30 years but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to hear that sound when you turn off the engine and hear the wind and the ocean going by! I bought the boat (Shandy 11) sight unseen (not sure about that judgement call lol) from Tim who is going to keep it in Chemainus until I get back. Now I have to sell the Searay! 2 boat owner :headb: ...another dubious judgement call! I have assured Pat that she is going to love it.

Geoff