• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Numbers Stamped on E 27 Tiller Plate

Rick S

Tiller Plate.jpg

We purchased an E27 in Portland, Oregon about three months ago.
We're doing a complete refit...until we run out of money...
I was wondering what the numbers stamped
on the tiller base plate were?
The numbers are 27-117
Is the 117 a hull production number?

If so, what is the the 27?
FYI The original HIN is missing on the transom. We think it was over coated with an old gel coat repair.

We love our boat. Solid and beautiful she is...
Thanks,
Rick and Heather:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you have a 1972 or earlier boat, that was before the HIN became a requirement (or existed).
My take is the the plate tells you the boat model, and Ericson 27, and the hull number.
What year is your boat?
Also, just curious.... is there a name on your boat?
Loren

Rick S

Thanks for your reply

Hello Loren,

It is GUSTO, originally from Rose City Yacht Club. She has been on the Columbia River for decades. We are in Hayden Bay.
Re. the year, the title says 1974, but I think the boat might be from earlier.

Thanks for your reply,
Rick
If you have a 1972 or earlier boat, that was before the HIN became a requirement (or existed).
My take is the the plate tells you the boat model, and Ericson 27, and the hull number.
What year is your boat?
Also, just curious.... is there a name on your boat?
Loren

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Rick,
Astute observation about titling. I wonder if any HIN is even embossed on the transom?

Apropos of whatever, I heard you might be interested in joining... if you want a "tour" drop me an email.

Regards,
Loren

Rick S

Loren,

After 45 years, the boat has had a lot of hull work, gel repair, paint etc. It's all covered over in the transom area. If there was a HIN it's not apparent now. Besides, Washington State is very particular about making boat conform to some mysterious set of numbering rules. So they gave us a new number. I'm glad to know that we are hull number 117 though. Gives us a place in the ancestry of 1250 e27s produced.

Thanks Again for your kind response.
Rick
Rick,
Astute observation about titling. I wonder if any HIN is even embossed on the transom?

Apropos of whatever, I heard you might be interested in joining... if you want a "tour" drop me an email.

Regards,
Loren

mordust

Member II
Our e27 Makele is # 225. It is a 1972 vintage. there was no HIN# and we had to get a new one assigned by the state. We live in Ohio.
That is to the best of our knowledge.
Hope that helps.
Bob G

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I like the way they didn’t have a hyphen in their die kit so they used a sideways 1.

My ‘69 E32 doesn’t have a transom HIN either, and the hull number is written in pencil on the back of some of the cabinetry pieces. It is not embossed on any of the tiller hardware like yours is.