• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ho! Ho! Ho!

supersailor

Contributing Partner
It's that season again! In fact, only 10 days left for you guys like me who detest shopping. So far, I've found a neckless at Costco for $499,999.00. Going to have to get busy. :0

Attached are some shots of Terra Nova ready for the season. She just got ready yesterday. The Christmas Parade is Saturday so just in time. The three year old claims this boat to be his so he will be proud!

Show us your shots of your decorated boats. It's great fun! Merry Christmas!

P1010342-001.JPGP1010345-001.JPGP1010352-001.JPG

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Our 1984 E30+ just got her last coat of bottom paint this morning after a major job to rebed the keel with epoxy, grind off the hull gelcoat, fill blisters, add five coats of Interlux Interprotect 2000 and bottom paint, almost ten weeks out of the water. But she's ready to launch tomorrow, and then it's time for winter sailing. It's been really hard to have the boat in the boatyard for so long and not accessible to sail, watch wildlife from the cockpit, sleep aboard, anchor out, etc.

But sorry Bob, no Christmas decorations this year! :rolleyes:

Frank

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Congratulations Frank. That's a great amount of work to get done and a great Christmas present for yourself. How did you get the paint to dry? It's been so damp over here in Port Angeles that the ground hasn't dried in a month. In fact, Terra Nova's sails are now in the Men's Master Closet to keep them from mildewing. Have some good sails.

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Yeah, it is rainy and damp here in Nanaimo too. The boat is tented in plastic from the earlier work on the hull. The yard worker loaned me a large diesel heater and then I added a little heater after that to help the paint dry. Without the plastic surround it would take ages to dry properly, though the yard people say they paint in any weather. If it's raining they add masking tape at the rubrail folded way from the hull so the rain drops off the tape rather than dripping down the hull into the new paint.
Frank

Last edited: