• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A Southern CA Christmas

Grizz

Grizz
Good morning and welcome to December 2017! I began this thread, conceptually, with an email to Loren this morning, who responded with "check with the S. CA Forum to see". It's good to know people who know where the bones are buried...

This started with a simple concept and of course became complex immediately: multiple family components gathering in CA for Christmas (12-22/27) in Newport, with a Brother In law's family (Diamond Bar), a MIL and BIL (Michigan) and we 4 from Chicago/NYC.

The bright idea that dimmed almost immediately was "what are the chances of at minimum visiting a harbor and an Ericson (or an Olson!), knowing the chances of carving out time for a sail are slim, but worth inquiring about.

Knowing how these family 'gatherings' usually evolve, carving out a legitimate escape for 'x' number of hours is critical. Much as I love to get together, 3 days in and the walls begin to constrict. I know we have plans to have lunch at a club, somewhere and sometime TBD, that has reciprocity with Columbia YC, so there's THAT at a minimum. These visits have been enjoyable events.

It's confirmed that Valhalla III, docked in Balboa, is NOT available, her Skipper will be in San Francisco. Bummer.

So it's hoped that this initial foray will result in something. And thus the journey into our CA Christmas begins.

PS - I will deny ANY of this transpired if put on the witness stand!

Have a great day. Take care.