• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Below the Sole

ccorcoran

Member II
Athough the recent string about sole replacement was amazing in regards to the information provided, I have a question that would be most easily answered by those brave souls who have removed and replaced their soles (hey, you can't blame a guy for a bit of linguistic license!) on a late model E34. In particular, Bud from Escapade? Here's the Q -- there is a shower sump at the base of the gangway with a float switch and 350 - 500GPH pump. A 1.5 inch conduit enters from the bow of the boat and houses the wires for the pump and switch. From what I can tell, the conduit must make an abrupt 180 degree turn, heads under the floor pan in the head and emerge underneath the built-in (part of the TAFG) sink/counter inthe head; I'm assuming the wires string underneath and eventually connect to the auto/manual pump switch in the shower/head. Can anyone verify that this assumption is correct? The wires within the conduit have rotted and before I start trying to pull/push a snake through an abrupt 180 degree turn in less than perfect plastic conduit, I'd like to have an idea what I'm up against. Small matter, however, with all the talk about sole replacement, i was reminded that this problem is on the wife's "to do" list; something about creature comforts. Thanks!