• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted Ericson 30+ Dining Table

gkjtexoma

Member II
Hello all,

By chance is there anyone with a spare table for an Ericson 30+. I'll pay good money and shipping for one in decent shape. Or even if there is one out there in not so good shape, it would be better than starting from scratch.

Thanks!

:esad:

garryh

Member III
hi... I have taken the salon table out of my 35-2 complete and installed a bulkhead drop down table. It is complete with the raised sole section cut out as well. No idea what the table in your model looks like. garry

gkjtexoma

Member II
Hello Garryh and Christian,

Thanks for the quick responses! It in the pedestal table with the humongous, strong-as-bull pedestal base. I wish it were a fold-down like we had on a previous boat. Building one is something I've had in mind, but my wife took pity on me due to all the projects I have going and suggested I see if anyone had one to sell, so I did.

I'd like to build one with a double fold-down top to conserve cabin space. I fist thought of making one lighter using a table top from Ikea and even bought the table top. If this doesn't pan out, I might follow that course.

I wonder if there are any E30+'s that unfortunately became scrap in the hurricanes this year?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I thought of a pedestal mounted side-folding table but could never believe in my own plans.

Would work OK with two sides folding up onto the top, but then that looks odd when folded.

With sides hanging down, I couldn't find a reliable way to hold them up flat and steady.

In the end I just reduced the size of the fixed table. Makes it easier to slide into and saves space. Anyhow, sit-down formal dinners are rare aboard.

The fiddles on the Ericson stock cabin table look nice, but they're useless. They won't stop a pencil falling off, much less a plate.

And I think fiddles, or table edge trim, should contain spilled liquid--not drain it out at the corners as non-contiguous designs do.

A table can be 3/4" plywood covered in veneer, or it can be edge-glued whatever. Both require a lot of finishing.

But you can buy a piece of birch butcher block, rub on some oil, stain (or not) and oil, and et voila--a table!

One million pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tab...hUCz2MKHXKuALQQ9QEIKjAA#imgrc=XpxpuD1EM4k46M:

Last edited:

gkjtexoma

Member II
Christian,

Good search that stimulates ideas. On one hand I'd like to build one but on the other I have a West Wight Potter 19 on a trailer that I need to finish the preparations for selling it. And then many, many things to do on the Ericson. I am semi-retired, working two (three lately) days a week and still don't have time to dedicate to my hobby of sailboat maintenance and refitting. Bummer.

Loren,

Spot on with the Yachtworld listing, thanks. I assume the table shown is probably the original.

Table E30+.jpg