• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SoCal Forum Sail, Ericson 381

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have in mind to go for a sail on Thelonious II about 2 p.m. this Sunday (Nov.19).

All local forum members invited, should you care for a bit of damp air and cool beer.

Just a couple of hours, back well before dark. There won't be much wind anyhow.

Let me know if anybody's interested.

Cheers,
Christian

Slip F1515, California Yacht Club

Last edited:

MMLOGAN

Member III
Beam winds

If we weren't hosting a birthday party on our boat Sunday, I'd be there with PFD on.

Please let us know if you plan this again.

Enjoy the day!

kari

Member III
I thought for sure you'd be "full" in no time . . . . If I still lived in L.A. I'd be there in a heartbeat . . On east coast now . . .I wish more people would post this offer in my area . . . Great jesture from a great guy . . .

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I have in mind to go for a sail on Thelonious II about 2 p.m. this Sunday (Nov.19).

All local forum members invited, should you care for a bit of damp air and cool beer.

Just a couple of hours, back well before dark. There won't be much wind anyhow.

Let me know if anybody's interested.

Cheers,
Christian

Slip F1515, California Yacht Club

Fly to Pensacola. We'll go on our boat and I will introduce you to the worlds finest rum!

fool

Member III
A more pleasant afternoon I could not possibly imagine...we gathered together to share sailing passion...

Not the least of which was to greet Christian, Tracy and guests, and to face winds variable from the nor' or southwest...

Winds light and variable 4-15 knots, seas flat as a shaving glass a course yet to plot... with 1-2' waves at a full 15 seconds, the sea still called, the ocean still beckoned...until the recounting at the end of the day when seas did swell, telling of the journey rivaled Dante's through hell...

7+ kts SOG at times was called from the helm, at no time were guests seasick or overwhelmed...

4 bell departure perfectly timed for a munch, butter like brie and other nibbles for lunch. With a return to the harbor just in time for sunset. (Hard stop, no rhymes come to mind...perhaps funset?)

Guests gradually graduate to become crew, MOB drill on a red mylar balloon... This is how channels 1-4 should report weather, Steven Hawking's voice narrating crews setting sail together....

If my pentameter mixes couplets and rhyme, just remember when we were sailing, on the ocean, that time...

All good stories start with once upon there was, this one ends just like that...

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Here's the hearty complement:

1-forum still.jpg

From left: Billie (E30+); Tracy; Max (E35, forum tag "Fool"; Marissa and Nick (E32) and Peter (E30+).

I coulda gone below and slept. There may be something to this crew stuff, after all.

Here's a brief iPhone video:

https://vimeo.com/243707140

Last edited:

907Juice

Continuously learning
Wow! SoCal would literally be a breath of fresh air... been hovering around 0 in the north for the past week . Looking forward to next spring. Nice video and seems like everyone was having a good time.