• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted- Alternator Bracket Upgrade Adjustment Arm

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I managed to misplace the adjustment arm from the alternator bracket upgrade kit. I think it may have gotten under a flap in a cardboard box I was holding parts in and was subsequently recycled. Anybody have a spare or one they couldn’t use? I hate to buy the whole new kit for just the arm. I have been to several alternator shops but found no arms that would work.

Thanks!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It's an M25, right?

Looks like that will fit. The curve seems about right.

Make sure the top bolt of the new bracket fits snugly through the alternator ears or spacers. In the past, some kits were shipped with the wrong diameter bolt (too small). There shouldn't be any play.

1-IMG_3178.JPG

Last edited:

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks guys, I'll order one and see how it works.

Christian, its the M18 but that is the same configuration as the M25. And yes, the darned bolt was too small. I spent quite a bit of time finding the correct bolts and bushings. Thanks for the pic.

Last edited:

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Doug,

Try Westebeke.com or Discount Marine Source. They have the part for $22.

The part number is 302088 for the M-25. I don't know if it's the same for the M-18.

While you're in there.......this was about the time I in my re-install I discovered this online, too:
harness.jpgwiring harness, part #298586

I don't know what kind of wiring issues you have. Many of my harness wires had multiple splices and corroded terminals and I still had to do the orange & red wire mod (to jump the alternator output directly to the batteries). I figured if I had to re-terminate several runs, I might as well start with new, uncorroded wires. This new harness also has a 10ga yellow-red wire to the starter solenoid, versus the 16ga wire I had on the original harness, plus a moisture-proof in-line fuse holder. Plus, for a geek like me, it looks nice. You won't like the price though.

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Ken. I ordered a cheap one so we’ll see how it goes. And a complete rewire is in the works for the winter.:egrin: