• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: Ericson 34-2 in PNW

McSalish

I'm looking for a 34-2 (or maybe a 32-3) just about anywhere in the Pacific Northwest/Southwest BC. I'm hoping for a boat that shows pride of ownership/seamanship but don't mind a small project here or there. If you have one to sell or have any leads please let me know. If one doesn't show up my wife is going to make me buy a Hunter.:0

Cheers

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Split the length difference and buy that well-equipped E-33/RH for sale right now in PDX.
Ad located on this site.

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
So leave it in Portland until spring. It's not that easy to find 34-2's or 35-3's (Almost identical to the 34-2 with a different interior) locally or anywhere for that matter. The 33RH is a different designer (Ron Holland). They are exceptional light weather sailors. The 33RH shines in the light air arena perhaps even better than the 34 which is exceptional in it's own right. There is also a 36RH for sale in Sequim Bay right now. They are quite quick.

No, my newly renovated 34 is not for sale!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not thrilled about the idea of trucking it north or sailing the Washington coast this time of year.

Not too far to truck a boat, and all of our YC members with trawlers routinely have their boats trucked to and from Olympia for vacations, since trucking costs by the mile.
FWIW, If you find a Good boat, and avoid the costs of "deferred maintenance", a few trucking dollars and the re-launch in the Sound will be cheap.
Note that if you buy a boat in Portland, after the survey it could be loaded directly onto the boat hauler's trailer.

Up the coast, it's less than 30 hours to the Straits. We'd need a weather window and the blessing of your insurer. The owner of this Ericson and I have probably done this trip 15 or 20 times, in boats smaller and larger.

Just something to consider.......

Last edited:

Jeffrey Bond

We have one at Elliot Bay marina. We love here but are ready to move to a bigger boat

I'm looking for a 34-2 (or maybe a 32-3) just about anywhere in the Pacific Northwest/Southwest BC. I'm hoping for a boat that shows pride of ownership/seamanship but don't mind a small project here or there. If you have one to sell or have any leads please let me know. If one doesn't show up my wife is going to make me buy a Hunter.:0

Cheers
Will talk over with my wife tomorrow about price. Last time we had her sold she broke down crying.

Jeffrey Bond

Ericson 34 for sale

Will talk over with my wife tomorrow about price. Last time we had her sold she broke down crying.

Just put a new Bottom on, full strip and barrier coat along with paint and many other repairs at CSR in Ballard. New "North Sail" sails and new electronics. Just had the bright work done as well. Well over $30,000 into her this year not including the sails.

Asking $55,000.

Will be in Seattle on Thursday the 9th if you want to take a look.

Haven't been real serious until your post.

I have been traveling hence the delay. Will be away for a week starting the 10th as well.