• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34 bow leak

Thaddeus

Member II
Hi All,
If you were curious, after the seller agreed to replace the fuel tank {the weld on 3 support tabs had failed} and reinforce the heat exchanger mount we bought Hull #ERY34245E87. Very well maintained boat, can't be happier after crawling around her waiting for the new tank and finally setting sail and even being more pleased with the way she sails.
Going in I knew there was a leak in the bow. I saw a thread about the anchor locker may be the culprite but cannot find that link again. my computer skills at work. Reason for leak may be that there are two 1.5" hairline/stress? deck cracks extending from the two lower, stern facing corners of the anchor locker hatch. Or as I read the pan leaks. Do I begin by pulling the pan out?
Looking forward to any replies....I've been visiting this site and knowing that you are all out there made my decision to buy even easier.
Best,
Tom

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The trick to finding things here is to use Google. Add to the keywords "ericson yachts."

Also, once a good thread is discovered, a list of "similar threads" after the last post.

There are lots of Ericson chain locker pan discussions because of leaks and because modification is required to install an anchor windlass.

mfield

Member III
Add to the keywords "ericson yachts."

An even better technique, suggested by Christian in an early post, is when using the Chrome browser to use the keyword "site:ericsonyachts.org" along with your terms and google will confine it's search to the ericsonyachts.org site.

bkuchinic

Member II
An even better technique, suggested by Christian in an early post, is when using the Chrome browser to use the keyword "site:ericsonyachts.org" along with your terms and google will confine it's search to the ericsonyachts.org site.

Hello: I posted "E34-II-Anchor-Locker-Leak-Into-V-Berth-Fixed" about my experience earlier this year.

Brad

Thaddeus

Member II
Thank all of you for the extensive information. I now have some concrete scenarios to investigate.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.