• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32-200 (1989) for sale in San Pedro, CA

Mikebat

Member III
When I was employed, I could afford to keep putting off a reckoning with whether I really wanted to keep this boat. But I was laid off in January of this year, and severance and savings aren't going to last. I'm hiring some help this week to get the boat in better shape, finish unfinished upgrades and get deferred maintenance performed, so I can broaden the pool of potential buyers. But I'm hoping to find a buyer on a budget who can invest some sweat equity of his or her own.

Most of the hardware for the unfinished upgrades has already been purchased. There's a new 135 Genoa (installed) and main (not installed) by Lee Sails. There's a new Harken heavy-duty traveler (partially installed). Two new hatches (not installed), two new forward fixed ports (one installed). Instruments and depth/speed/wind sensors are all Tack Tick wireless, but the windvane needs to be installed (hull sensors are already installed). New LED tricolor light needs to be installed, too, and while you're up the mast, there's a new VHF whip antenna (existing one broke off). New LED cabin lights have mostly been installed. New VHF, battery charger, remote meter, and batteries are all installed.

Original main and heavy (7 mil I think?) 110 jib are in good condition and are what the previous owner sold me. The two aft fixed ports glass is crazed and needs replacing but since they are a custom size, a custom replacement will be required. The forward fixed ports and the two hatches are a standard size and so I was able to get replacements. Have plenty of butyl rubber tape to finish that job. All the fixed ports leaked, so the interior teak around the fixed ports needs some restoration. The cabin sole needs some work, too. The rest of the teak inside the boat looks great.

If you're interested in taking her on, PM me and I'll give you more detail on what the boat needs. There's no structural issues with her, no show-stoppers with the Universal 25 diesel.

Asking $26,000 (see discussion below).

I also have a 12 ft. Porta Bote in good condition for sale.

Attachments

• Mike's Valinor.jpg
    Mike's Valinor.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 1295293365303.jpg
    1295293365303.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Mikebat

Member III
Here's a link to a shared folder with some photos of the outside I shot this week. I'm going to try to reduce the chaos on the inside this weekend before I take some interior photos to add to the shared folder. I'll post again later when I have added those. The topside is going to be washed waxed and buffed, and the brightwork stripped and varnished starting next week.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/GJXeFnmBVcfaBUsYQ7Kc7Rt16NRycIUdJwI65VBXq6a

Last edited:

Mikebat

Member III
I updated the shared folder with some new images of the interior. I'm meeting a workman Saturday to get an estimate for interior teak restoration. The starboard forward fixed port is a new one. The boat is getting the exterior brightwork refinished and a wax and buff this week.

Image folder

Migolito

Agree with above. Im in the market for a 32-3. Is this a 32-3 or 32-2? Im still learning the models, however, i thought after 1985, the e32 was changed to the 32-3.

Mikebat

Member III
I hesitated to post an asking price publicly because I'm not entirely sure how much to mark off for the work that needs to be done. I've had this conversation in PM with a couple of people. So, I think she's worth $22,000 in present condition. There's about $10,000 worth of work, mostly labor, if I hired someone. I think she'd be worth about $32,000 if all the work I mentioned was completed. However, I'm committed now to $4000 altogether for work underway to repair the water damage to the interior teak around the ports, replace or reseat all the ports, and install the two new hatches; and for the exterior brightwork and waxing. So more like $26,000 when this work is done by the end of the month, or early November.

I hired Jose Gomez for the exterior work, and have hired him in the past. He referred me to Slobodan Mihic for the interior work, and he's starting sometime next week.

It's a 32-200, which is almost exactly like a 32-3 except the main berth is aft to port, and the head is aft to starboard. The forepeak bunk is directly ahead of the cabin. Sailplan is identical to a 32-3. Rudder is about 6 inches further aft.

Last edited:

Mikebat

Member III
Waiting on the interior teak veneer to be completed, then I can install the new windows. I got the aft fixed ports rebuilt locally, reusing the existing frames. Hopefully the hired out work will be completed this week. I'll post some photos of the work when it's done.

I'm just barely able to afford to keep the boat in her slip at this point. So any offers somewhat north of "I'll take her off your hands for free" will be seriously considered.

Mikebat

Member III
The interior teak veneer is finished at last, and I've stained the veneer to match the rest of the cabin. I'm still touching up the stain in other parts of the cabin and the trim strips need to be installed. Here are some new photos I took yesterday. There's still some work to do, but it's shaping up pretty nicely now.

Attachments

• P2250363.jpg
    P2250363.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 57
  • P2250364.jpg
    P2250364.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 46