• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fall raft up ?

Navman

Member III
I was reaching out to see if there are any Ericson owners who may be interested in a fall raft up at the end of September or October. I was thinking somewhere below the bridge, South River, West River or somewhere in that vicinity. Please respond if interested and We can put something together.

Navman

Member III
Raft up

Mark,
That's great. I know there are others in Annapolis and Rock Hall and surrounding areas Let's hope they reply as well!

Thanks!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Too early to tell yet for me but I maybe interested in joining up. Depends on my work because sometimes I have to work a weekend for some of my clients. My wife and I have gone to Galesville often and it's a nice sail from Annapolis.

We also found Clements Creek (not sure if I got that name right) off the Severn River about the third creek on the left beyond the second bridge when heading up river. There are Navy morning balls that that are free to use. Seems that the Navy has them placed there to protect their yard boats in case of a hurricane. I've never seen one there but I've seen many private craft, sail and motor, there and often they raft up on one of them. Just a suggestion and a nice quite place to go if you ever want to get away from the crowd.

Emerald

I can vouch for Clements Creek being a nice spot, and the buoys can be used as long as The Academy hasn't move it's craft to them, which is typically only for an impending hurricane type storm. The mouth of Clements is about 200 yards past Emerald's slip. I'd probably have to join the raft up if it landed there. Potentially interested elsewhere too, but Clements is literally too close to home to miss :egrin:

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

Markvone, Emerald & Bolo,

Sounds like Clements creek it is! We can plan for the second week of October if that works for all. Still hoping for a few more to join in. I know there are more in the area. I have not been that far up the river yet and look forward to new cruising grounds. Checked it out on Google Earth and it looks nice and "wooded". We can stay in touch via this posting and as we get neared to the date we can use my personal e-mail. Maybe the mysterious Ericson banner/ flag the we heard about last season will make an appearance.

:egrin:

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

It looks like I am going to go down (from Worton Creek) to Clements Creek this weekend to check it out. Will most likely spend the night on a ball at Clements if available. If anyone is around swing by for a beer! :egrin:

Emerald

Make sure Clements works for everyone other than myself. I hope to swing around the corner for a visit, but life has been a bit nuts for quite awhile now. I may be so close yet so far. I won't know until it's happening as to whether I'll be able to join the group.

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

Emerald,
That's what I thought, go over, check the depth and available room (looks like plenty on Google Earth). As I draw 6'6" I think My boat would be a good gauge. I am still hoping for more replies as I know there are several more Ericson's in the area. I was thinking that if it was in the South river or West river we might attract some of the southern contingent, at least down to the Solomon's Island area as it is a one day sail up from there, but no takers as of yet. I am thinking of leaving tomorrow afternoon and get there ( Clements Creek) late. Depends on the tide. I might be doing a little night sailing! Then I would stay there the better part of Saturday (sand those handrails and get a coat of varnish on) and then decide if I want to stay or move on to another anchorage, maybe Rock Creek.

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

Well I made it to Clements Creek and it is a very nice spot. Pleanty of room for all. I count 12 mooring balls. Plenty of depth at 17' Boy i chickened out with my attempt to go beneath the first bridge. It always looks so must closer to the masthead than it really is. If anyone is around I am here doing maintenance for the balance of the day, so stop on in. I will have the pineapple burgee up.

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

MJS,
Great to hear you can make it!!!
Its BYO, BUT, I will be making a specialty drink know only to a very few sailors called a "Gumbay Smash" Soooo GOOD, Soooo DANGEROUS. Look forward to meeting you.

Navman

Member III
Fall raft up

Calling all Ericson owners. Come one come all to the Ericson Chesapeake Fall Raft up. where? Clements Creek off of the Severn river. Go past Annapolis, under the second bridge and its the 3rd or 4th creek on the Port side. When? October 14 & 15. To date I believe there will be 4 boats plus myself. I know there are a lot of Ericson owners on the bay and on the Eastern Shore. I hope that they chime in and show up.
I am going to the Annapolis boat show this weekend. I will be rafted up with another boat on Spa Creek ( under the Annapolis/ Eastport bridge). I am researching autopilots and you can usually get good boat show discounts. If anyone is around please feel free to stop on by for a chat or raft up. I will be rafted up with a Mason 43 and a Catalina 36. If you are ashore, give us a holler and we will come in the dink and pick you up.
It's all fun!

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I will be there October 14&15.

When we raft up, I would be interested in hearing about your adventure at the boat show as I am also considering a multi display unit for next years purchase.

MJS

Calling all Ericson owners. Come one come all to the Ericson Chesapeake Fall Raft up. where? Clements Creek off of the Severn river. Go past Annapolis, under the second bridge and its the 3rd or 4th creek on the Port side. When? October 14 & 15. To date I believe there will be 4 boats plus myself. I know there are a lot of Ericson owners on the bay and on the Eastern Shore. I hope that they chime in and show up.
I am going to the Annapolis boat show this weekend. I will be rafted up with another boat on Spa Creek ( under the Annapolis/ Eastport bridge). I am researching autopilots and you can usually get good boat show discounts. If anyone is around please feel free to stop on by for a chat or raft up. I will be rafted up with a Mason 43 and a Catalina 36. If you are ashore, give us a holler and we will come in the dink and pick you up.
It's all fun!

Navman

Member III
Last Chance Fall raft up !

Come one come all !!! Well, the time is upon us. Raft up this weekend at Clements Creek off of the Severn River. Hope to see as many people/ boats as possible. Any idea on "activities" ? Maybe pot luck appetizers or dinner? I don't anticipate much in the water activity due to falling temp's. The weekend looks like a good one so far weather wise. I am sailing over on Friday so I can spruce things up a bit on board then head back to port on Sunday. If you can't stay overnight, come for the day. It's all about FUN!