• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Any Ericson Owners on Lake Texoma?

gkjtexoma

Member II
We are the proud owners of Freeform at Cedar Mills. Any other Ericson owners on Texoma out there?

Graham

Darrel

Member I
We are the proud owners of Freeform at Cedar Mills. Any other Ericson owners on Texoma out there?

Graham

Ahoy there fellow Viking. I own the Yellow hull Ericson on Texoma also at Cedar Mills. We are located on P dock and are out almost every weekend. Come by some weekend and we can have a drink together.

gkjtexoma

Member II
Hello Darrel,

Super, I've noticed that Ericson. Will do. We are on H dock and live nearby. Sold the O'Day 25 on O-16 last month. I see one othe 35 (I think it is) at the marina that got a bottom job last month.

Graham

Darrel

Member I
We live over by Gainesville so it is 38 miles from my drive way to the slip parking lot. Which males every weekend on the boat very doable. Look forward to meeting you.

gkjtexoma

Member II
We live over by Gainesville so it is 38 miles from my drive way to the slip parking lot. Which males every weekend on the boat very doable. Look forward to meeting you.

Darrel,

Same here. We are going to be travelling, but will look for you later.

Graham

btsayers

I had my Ericson 38 on Lake Texoma at Grandpappy marina. Then I relocated to Tampa, Fl and made the mistake of bringing the 6 1/2 ft draft boat to the Gulf coast of Fl. Drift outside of the Intracoastal and you will hit bottom. I now wish I had left it there to sell and bought a more practical shoal draft boat for the Gulf coast.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I berth at Lake Travis, Austin.....if someone decides to dig a 250 mile channel, you can sail down and sail our 120-180' deep Colorado River channel which meanders for a hundred miles or so up and down the hill country highland lakes...in different direction from you. However, we are both Texans and that is a mutual benefit society.

ntenzer

Hi guys, currently shopping in/around Lake Grapevine (Scott's Landing) for an Ericson. I found an '81 e28+ in Arkansas that I'm going to take a look at that will likely need some work, so currently digging into and learning about these great vessels. Good to know there are other Ericson owners nearby to connect with - pleasure meeting you all!

btsayers

I used to keep my '83 Ericson 38 at Grandpappy Marina, but brought it to Florida when I moved here for a new job. Unfortunately I have the deep draft keel, which is great when saililng out in the Gulf, but requires you to pay a lot of attention once in the Intracoastal to avoid the shallow areas. Shallow draft boats are ideal on the west coast of Florida. I hadnt rrealized that until I got here.
For that reason I will end up putting it up for sale once I finish the refurb project I am currently doing.

saphira36

Member II
Hey gang, my wife and I are new Texoma Ericson owners. We picked up our E36RH in April and are members at the Caney Creek Yacht Club on the north side of the lake. We plan on being at the Asbury Smith race Sept 25th which is a race from The Point back to our club.

gkjtexoma

Member II
Wow, it has been a while since I looked at this thread I started about four years ago. Good to see so many Ericson owners around the state. We sold Freeform a couple of years ago but she is still at Cedar Mills being sailed by the current owners.

Today I posted in the "Raftup" secton of this forum a couple of pictures of an apparently derelict E35 at Cedar Mills.

Graham