• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1985 Ericson 32-III For Sale in Massachusetts

Wally Grove

1985 Ericson 32-III with 4'4" draft For Sale In Cotuit, MA. $15,000

Owned since 1993. Well maintained and in very good condition.

Call Wally Grove at 508-428-5082 or 508-280-2833, email wsgrove@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_2467.JPG
    IMG_2467.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 265

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
1985 Ericson 32-III for sale

This really is a low price for an 1985 Ericson 32.
This is about what I paid for Discovery (1983 30+)

mjs

Wally Grove

85 Ericson 32-III For Sale

Ok, I'll bite- why so inexpensive? Seems about 10k below low market.

The Celerity has aged better than me. Somehow I got to age 83 and don't move very well. The Celerity is in very good condition. She replaced our Pearson Triton which we sailed for 25 years - keeping the Atomic 4 running was a challenge. We have sailed the Celerity (Ericson 32-III) for 24 years, and I think she will go another 24 with few if any problems. The diesel has a relatively new exhaust riser, heat exchanger, internal water pump, belt and revised alternator bracket. New oil and oil and fuel filters every year and she runs great. Advertised on SailboatListing.com/60531 for $24,500. A number of replies but no lookers. Anxious to sell, but could sail for another year.

Thanks, Wally

Wally Grove

This really is a low price for an 1985 Ericson 32.
This is about what I paid for Discovery (1983 30+)

mjs

I agree, a very good buy. Was asking $24,500 which I think is was a very reasonable price. A number of replies but no lookers.

Thanks, Wally

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pricing thoughts

Opinions rendered, deposit $.02 please...

But when boat shopping we would generally look askance at any boat advertised "too cheap" a price... figuring that there was something Really substantial that needed repair.

I know that a high asking price can discourage buyers, but kind of believe that a low price might also do that.

A good E-32-3 in my area would/could/should bring 35K or better, depending on upgrades and maintenance done.
Of course the "market" might be laughing at me, too!
:)
Loren

tenders

Innocent Bystander
This is the link to the listing (sailboatlistings.com):

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/60531

The pictures are great, it's obviously a beautiful boat, but I think it needs more description there and/or here. This is the model that got Christian to Hawaii single-handed, right? Mention that, somebody in the northeast is going to want a boat in which they can dream that dream.

(....not....me....must....resist....)

Wally Grove

This is the link to the listing (sailboatlistings.com):

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/60531

The pictures are great, it's obviously a beautiful boat, but I think it needs more description there and/or here. This is the model that got Christian to Hawaii single-handed, right? Mention that, somebody in the northeast is going to want a boat in which they can dream that dream.

(....not....me....must....resist....)

Thanks, it is a great boat. good luck with the atomic 4. Wally

Wally Grove

Opinions rendered, deposit $.02 please...

But when boat shopping we would generally look askance at any boat advertised "too cheap" a price... figuring that there was something Really substantial that needed repair.

I know that a high asking price can discourage buyers, but kind of believe that a low price might also do that.

A good E-32-3 in my area would/could/should bring 35K or better, depending on upgrades and maintenance done.
Of course the "market" might be laughing at me, too!
:)
Loren

Thanks, excellent advice. The $15K price is only on this Ericson yacht forum. Hoping for a sale this summer to someone that is familiar with the Ericson 32-III. My other advertising is at $24,500 which I think is a good price. Wally