• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need a dodger for my E32. Had a bit of sticker shock on a $3200 estimate.

Turtle777

This estimate didn't include the frame, canvas only! Any good leads on less expensive options?

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Sounds about like the quotes I've seen. Other options are make your own from scratch, or with a kit from SailRite.
There used to be a couple of immigrants in my area that would do good canvas work at surprisingly low cost, but I think they have had to raise their prices in recent years, if they are even still doing it. Doesn't hurt to ask around though.

paul culver

Member III
I feel your pain turtle. When my dodger next needs replacement I'm going DIY with a hard dodger using FRP panel and acrylic. Google hard dodger and you'll see what others are doing.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
6K common quote for ss dodger with covers and leather and good handholds.

Dodgers are very climate/taste/spouse dependent. Most of us swear by them for very good reasons.

I swear at them. If you can get away with it, an uncluttered cabin house, great visibility, less complication easy access to winches and clutches have great charm.

And you can buy a new sail, instead....

HerbertFriedman

Member III
Several years ago I installed a dodger made by Island Nautical in City Island NY for my old Tartan 30. The quality was OK and the price was quite cheap, about $1K as I recall circa 2000. They had patterns for many boats and the fit was fine, quality OK but not great but you only get what you pay for.