• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Galley Faucet 81 28+

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Hi Respected Owners
Price Pfister galley faucet has had it.. Broken c/water seat and h/water insert won't remove with wrench.
Looks like faucet is no longer made. Does anyone have a drop in that works with two holes? I took a quick glance when crew complained the water would not turn off and it looked like we have a two hole unit. Only 90% sure tho as we had grandgirls aboard which required a quick disembarkation.
Looks like industry has changed to three holes? Thanks
Pat 1981 E28+ Universal 5411

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Pat,

A piece on our Price Phister galley faucet on our 1984 E30+ broke, so I phoned them, sent a pic of the faucet and they sent me a replacement part at no charge. It didn't quite fit but I was able to make it work. Might be worth a call to them if you haven't done so yet.
Frank

Pat O'Connell

Member III
GALLEY Faucet 28+

Hi Respected Sailors
Thanks very much for pushing me along! Found house brand at Lowes will work fine. I was concerned as all the boxes say (3) hole. Butt when you open the box the sprayerless faucets are two hole with a filler for the center hole. Much concern about nothing. Box says "do yourself in 25 minutes." Right......
Thanks again.
Pat

Pat O'Connell

Member III
E28+ Faucet

Hi Respected Plumbers
Installed the new Lowes $30 sink ystdy and it works fine. Getting the old sink out took and hour and a half. The sink bolts would not break free. I wish I had a chisel or a sharpened screwdriver (from home) and I would have cut them out. New unit install was .50 of an hour. Factory used quest which is nice material but they used a lot of teflon tame which MFG said is not good. The quest needs a mechanical shut off that can be fouled by tape. I took all the tape off and did not reinstall. No leaks. Hope the tape was not a anti vibe trick?
Best Regards Pat 1981 E28+ Ericson 5411