• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Needing a new push button switch

Cambriaman63

Needing a new push button switch for my 34 ericson. 25 horse. I've checked batteries, which are brand new and its lead me to the button. is it easy enough to replace?

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I recently bought the Cole Hersee switch - rated for starter amperage. Available, like everything else these days, on Amazon. The rubber cover was sold separately though, but it gives you a choice of colors.
As an aside, due to weathering and other issues, I'm building a new engine control panel in the companionway, on the side of the port-side cabinet. I've seen pictures of some 70's Ericsons that apparently had the control panel in that location from the factory. Others had them in the cockpit footwell. I wonder why the variation?

But... the switch function is easy enough to test with a multimeter, before ordering parts. If you haven't done so. If you are tracing a "no start" problem, other possibilities are loose wire connections, including grounds, or a bad starter solenoid.

Last edited: