• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Catalina in May then onward in July.

seabreeone

Member I
My son and I did our first trip to Avalon Catalina for this year this past May. Sailed over in 20 + cold head winds, overcast and large confused seas. Once moored on the island woke up to incredible nice weather for the following 5 days. 79 + degrees blue skies. Had a great time. going home 5 knot or less winds 3 foot less seas. had to motor sail. We needed to reverse the days and wind patters going and coming home. But had a great trip. In July wife and I going North for 2-3 weeks on the boat, Just going to take it slow and stop at Dana Point a few nights, Then Newport maybe 5 or 6 nights on to Long Beach Two harbors etc. Keep a eye out for us stop buy and have a beer......Rick Ericson 35 Luna Gitana

Attachments

• 20170517_182915.jpg
    20170517_182915.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20170517_182756.jpg
    20170517_182756.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 55

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
My son and I did our first trip to Avalon Catalina for this year this past May. Sailed over in 20 + cold head winds, overcast and large confused seas. Once moored on the island woke up to incredible nice weather for the following 5 days. 79 + degrees blue skies. Had a great time. going home 5 knot or less winds 3 foot less seas. had to motor sail. We needed to reverse the days and wind patters going and coming home. But had a great trip. In July wife and I going North for 2-3 weeks on the boat, Just going to take it slow and stop at Dana Point a few nights, Then Newport maybe 5 or 6 nights on to Long Beach Two harbors etc. Keep a eye out for us stop buy and have a beer......Rick Ericson 35 Luna Gitana
Sounds like a great time. Where is your home port?

Glyn Judson

Island bound soon.

All, As plans are now, Marilyn will sail the Dawn Treader to the Isthmus on July 30 and our boat will remain there until August 20. Nieces and boy friends will come and go and so will I between guide dog duties. If you find yourselves there, please stop by to say howdy. We're on Juliet 8 in the Isthmus. Let the sailing Holiday begin Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
All, As plans are now, Marilyn will sail the Dawn Treader to the Isthmus on July 30 and our boat will remain there until August 20. Nieces and boy friends will come and go and so will I between guide dog duties. If you find yourselves there, please stop by to say howdy. We're on Juliet 8 in the Isthmus. Let the sailing Holiday begin Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA
Hi, Glyn! I've picked up J-8 on several of my trips to the Isthmus; that's a nice spot. I'm thinking I might get over there in July, though I may decide to head around to Cat Harbor and anchor. I'd sure enjoy putting a face to all that good advice you give on the forum. We'll see what works out.

seabreeone

Member I
I always wanted to anchor in Little Cat harbor. Took a Zodiac there, Had a great time, but never my boat to anchor for a few nights. Have you ever anchored at little Cat? if so please tell me about it.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
I always wanted to anchor in Little Cat harbor. Took a Zodiac there, Had a great time, but never my boat to anchor for a few nights. Have you ever anchored at little Cat? if so please tell me about it.
I think you may be conflating two different harbors. There is Cat(alina) Harbor, which is rather large with plenty of room to anchor. Down the coast (SE) of it about 3 miles is Little Harbor. I've anchored in both places--many times at Cat Harbor and a few times at Little Harbor. Which one do you have in mind? Little Harbor is nice but be careful of the reef.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Cat Harbor and Little Harbor

I've anchored in both Cat Harbor and Little Harbor with my old E-27. At Cat Harbor if your boat has a shallow enough draft you can anchor in front of the moorings. Two anchors required by the harbor patrol for that location. A Little Harbor it can be a bit more challenging because there is about only enough room for five boats at anchor there. Two anchors are a must because the cove is small and there is no room to swing. There is a small reef that gives some protection. Anchor bow out and use the dinghy to carry a stern anchor towards the beach. If there’s any kind of ground swell or the seas are heavy you will have a rocking night. I dreamt of driving dune buggies all night while anchored there. Wonder why. :rolleyes: :egrin:

Last edited: