• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for an E34-2 or E32-300 in the Seattle Area

Schoolboyheart

Member II
Looking for an E34-2 or E32-200 in the Seattle Area

Just missed the last two that were on Yachtworld as i was selling my E27. I have cash in hand and am on the hunt.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We were looking for a boat in that general size range when we spent a year (boat-less after selling our prior 26' boat) and even had an offer in on an Ericson 32-200 before finding our Olson 34.

Happy Hunting!
:egrin:

Loren

Schoolboyheart

Member II
Thanks Guys, I'm really after the two cabin layout but either the 34 or 32 in the Ericson/PSC years would work. I was trying to take a year off but I just can't do it. I need to be on the water!

Schoolboyheart

Member II
I called the broker a week ago and apparently the owner was willing to have everything pending until July. I can't believe that because i wouldn't have agreed to it but oh well. I did find a nice looking 32-200 in San Diego but have to consider the trucking cost.

Schoolboyheart

Member II
For the right boat, it can be worth it. Mine came up from Marina del Rey... the trucking cost only hurt once, the boat is a joy every day.

Too bad Christian didn't sail her to Seattle from Hawaii! There are a couple options in LA and San Diego. Can i ask who you used to transport the boat and how the process went?

[Edit] just saw your blog so let me do some reading before I ask you to retype the whole escapade!

Last edited:

Schoolboyheart

Member II
Great Blog

Thanks Bgary for the excellent write up. I have to say it almost makes me sick to think of doing it myself! One i'm not sure i have the time and two I can see my head exploding as i run around a foreign marina and town ripping the new to me boat to pieces!

These are the two i'm considering though. I'd love it if anyone could shed some light on either of them or if you happen to be lurking in the marina would take a tour. Also if someone on the forum happens to own either boat it would be great to talk to you too!

Long Beach: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990/Ericson-32-200-3088882/Long-Beach/CA/United-States

San Diego: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1988/Ericson-32-3045220/San-Diego/CA/United-States#.WS8zsesrLcs

Rob

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I can vouch for Lon Bubeck, who's the broker for the 32-200 in Long Beach. He's easy to talk to and could give you some insights. I would trust him to help with arrangements.

Lon has a brief appearance in this "survey," which took place in Long Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mpbcCa-u4

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Can i ask who you used to transport the boat and how the process went?

BZZZZT! Nope, sorry, you can't ask either of those. :egrin:

(laughing)

Seriously... keep an open mind. It was not my first choice to buy a boat that needed to come home on a truck, but all things considered it wasn't bad, I learned a lot, and I ended up very happy with the end result. When it's the right boat, you'll know.

And if there's anything I can do to help, feel free to ask, either in the thread or in PMs.

Bruce

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Rob,

If you start to get comfortable with the trucking option, there are a couple of E34's on YachtWorld on the east coast. Both are less than $30.

GregB

Member II
Hmmmm

We should stay in touch. I am looking to go bigger and have a nice 32-III in Seattle. So nice in fact, that I haven't found anything that would "make me sell my boat"!

But you never know!

Dempster1

Ericson 34-2 1989 located Vancouver Island....will deliver

Hi,

I just returned from Haida Gwaii with my 1989 Ericsson 34-2 (2nd year in a row I've done that trip) and have decided to sell her. You can see her in Port Hardy (Northern Vancouver Island) or Nanaimo area (around the end of July). She's got new sails (2015) new Windlass (2016, and new rub rails (2017). She's strong and reliable. If you're interested you can contact me at krisjohnsen@shaw.ca. No problem with delivery to Seattle area upon a sale (48K U.S.)

Dempster1

Ericson 34-2 1989 located Vancouver Island....will deliver to Puget Sound Area

Hi all,

My 1989 Ericsson 34-2 is now for sale and located in the Nanaimo area currently being shined up. She is available for delivery to coastal Washington State area upon purchase. She's listed on sailboat listings.com and I will be posting more pictures of her once she's shinier (this week). She's a nice solid boat; just returned from her second annual consecutive trip to the West Coast of Haida Gwaii (formerly Queen Charlotte Islands) and she handles it like a champ. Anyone interested can respond through this forum and I'll supply more details. She is currently located in Nanaimo area and is priced at 44,000 U.S.

Thanks for your interest.