• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-26 With Trailer For Sale

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Here is the listing description I will be posting elsewhere online.

The only issue I may face trying to sell is the fact that some people might not need all the upgrades I have made, and thus may not want to pay the higher price of a "loaded" E-26. But for someone looking to travel abroad its perfect.
Asking price is $30,000 but can be lowered quite a bit if things like the water maker, dinghy, EPIRB, trailer, spare tiller pilot, etc, are not needed. All serious offers considered.
Ill post some pictures shortly.

1985 Ericsson 26.

First of all this boat is CLEAN! No mildew, no lose tabbing, no lose headliner, and more upgrades than you will believe, the nicest E-26 in existence. (No offense to other E-26 owners) Delivery possible. Trailer included in sale.

Don't let the size fool you, It has more room than many boats of longer length. This boat measures 28’ stem to stern and is 9’3” wide and has been completely refitted. There is plenty of space on this big/little boat for long distance cruising, and performance is not lacking either. We often sail upwind at 6.5 knots out running larger boats, and she sails dead down wind effortlessly with jib poled out wing and wing with the main.

Every inch of this boat has been gone over and functions flawlessly.

Ericsson yachts built this boat well, with the deck fiberglassed to the hull making hull and deck a single piece; there are absolutely no deck leaks. The lead ballast is incapsulated in the fin keel so there are no keel bolts to maintain. There are no blisters, no rot, and you can keep it in the driveway during the off season as it comes with its own trailer.

It’s hard to describe the level of attention I have put into this boat over the last six years, but let me give you a sample of what I have done:

• New full batten cruising main with roller cars
  • new cruising jib with foam luff
  • new standing rigging and shroud chain plates
  • new rudder with stronger solid shaft
  • new tiller with spin lock tiller extension
  • new lifelines with pelican over center latches
  • 420 ah house battery bank with automatic watering system
  • katadyne power survivor 40e water maker, (a $3,500 value)
  • 5 solar panels each run on individual mppt charge controllers (and they're not ugly)
  • swim step professionally built of airex foam epoxy. It makes for easy boarding and dinghy outboard handling,
  • three water tight crash bulkheads forward
  • Rocna vulcan 9 anchor on beefy roller
  • Xantrex inverter large enough to use rice cooker and other large draw items
  • AIS VHF radio overlaid onto chart plotter
  • dimming LED lights throughout boat
  • a real bed that is actually comfortable to sleep on
  • all new bronze seacocks with true backing plates
  • Evo 100 auto pilot with TP-22 as a backup
  • Fully grounded mast rigging and lifelines for lightening protection, including masthead arial and grounding plate

This is just a sample, please read the entire refit list below and know that the upgrades are first class; the battery bank is properly fused at the post with an extra fuse ready to go and includes an automatic watering system, the top of the line bronze seacocks are double hose clamped with non perforated hose clamps, the toilet intake has a bronze vented loop, ect. Everything has been done in a way to inspire confidence to allow the captain to sail far with a mind at ease.

This boat has been my baby for a long time and I’ve put over $30,000 into her in parts alone, not including labor or the initial purchase price. Understand that the work that has been done means incredibly low ownership cost over the next 15 years.
We just got back from a season in the Bahamas on her and she functioned flawlessly for us, and we could have easily gone further, but we have other obligations that pull us away.

I’ll include the refit list of the larger projects below, its not all inclusive but gives an idea of what has gone into the boat. Read it carefully, there is a lot in there. Also the boat is stocked with things like extra oil filters (6pc), extra fuel filters (7pc), engine belts (2pc), extra joker valve for the toilet (1pc), extra zinks for both prop and engine (12pc), etc, which saves you down the road.

Dollar amounts listed during refit were material costs only, no labor included.

Additions list:

• House battery bank. 420 amp hours. (four golf cart batteries wired series-parralel) in mahogany epoxy box properly fused at post, extra fuse at hand $800
  • Victron battery monitor $160
  • Emergency backup battery bank, Single Trojan deep cycle properly mounted with tie downs
  • Automatic battery watering system for house bank $200
  • GPS chart plotter linked to AIS radio and EPIRB
  • EPIRB 406 with GPS $600 (ACR global fix pro)
  • Asymmetrical spinnaker
  • Expanded anchor locker with water tight crash bulkhead added
  • Latches on external hatches, padlock hasps where appropriate
  • Dodger (built by artful dodger)
  • LED masthead, anchor and tricolor combination light. $200
  • Backup LED navigation lights at deck level $300
  • LED dimming cabin lights $200
  • EVO 100 auto pilot $1,200
  • Backup TP 22 tiller pilot $500
  • New Standard Horizon VHF with AIS $350
  • Remote VHF in cockpit $100
  • USB 12 volt outlets in cabin
  • Bronze flanged seacocks properly through bolted, fiberglass backing plates epoxy bedded in place $1,200
  • Propane stove with electrical safety shut off and warning light
  • Aluminum propane tank re-certified early 2017
  • Secure points in cockpit to tether into while underway
  • Diesel tank anti seep canister vent to prevent water in fuel
  • Waste overboard discharge hand pump converted to electric diaphragm pump $300
  • Shut off valve added inline between waste tank and waste pump incase pump service is needed while tank is full $150
  • Engine room cowl vents replaced with stainless steel and include exchangeable flush caps $300
  • High capacity emergency crash bilge pump installed with vented loop and bronze through hull in transom $300
  • Manual bilge pump upgraded to larger Gusher Titan diaphragm pump with protective UV cover conveniently located in cockpit $200
  • Settee storage enlarged, bulkheads added at either end, hinged lids with barrel bolts
  • V-birth storage enlarged with water tight bulkheads at either end.
  • New aluminum rudder with solid billet shaft which fixed the factory shaft flexing problem, galvanic primer, 2 part epoxy coated for boom paint compatibility, zink on standoff flange for added protection. $1500
  • Hull build up and bracing around rudder tube to increase collision strength
  • Cotter pin added in main rudder pin bolt to prevent rudder loss
  • Extra storage box with hinged lid under main birth $200
  • Cockpit drains enlarged and rebuilt with bronze through hulls at transom and bronze flush drain fittings and new hoses double clamped with non perforated hose clamps. $400
  • Hinges and latches on all interior storage lids for ease and safety while under way
  • Smart plug shore power conversion $300
  • Exhaust temp alarm $100
  • Rocna vulcan 9 $275
  • Spinlock Tiller extension $100
  • Stainless bow protector plates $40
  • Custom anchor chain stopper $75
  • New full batten main with roller cars and new 110% jib with foam luff for flawless roller reefing $2375
  • New mainsail cover maid to dimensions of new sail $150
  • New Jabsco toilet $250
  • Vented loop added to toilet $60
  • Companionway drop boards replaced with solid 1” mahogany hinged door with automatic latching slide latch, meeting CAT-1 offshore rule requirement for interior and exterior access to entryway latching mechanism $300
  • Lewmar opening port light added in companionway door $100
  • Heavy brass hasp and three stainless barrel bolts added to companionway for security $150
  • Hinged locking metal bars on front hatch over V-birth for security
  • Full size twin bed added in main cabin with storage underneath $300
  • Lee cloth on port settee $80
  • Shotgun strong box safe with padlock $200
  • 2 Solar panels with hinged mounting system on aft pulpit each with individual MPPT charge controllers $600
  • 3 Solar panels on dodger also each with individual MPPT charge controllers $550
  • Wire topping lift replaced with Spectra Amsteel Blue $35
  • Backrests in cockpit on sides of aft pulpit
  • Seawater strainer on forward intake for toilet, head sink, and water maker intakes
  • Holding tank level gauge with full warning $150
  • 600 what Xantrex inverter properly fused $230
  • Bolt on sugar scoop swim step added to transom (airex foam epoxy) $600
  • Cabin fan (Hella marine) $130
  • Cockpit boom tent and foredeck cover $200
  • Outboard bracket on stern pulpit
  • Water maker 12 volt Katadyne Powersurvivor 40E $3,500
  • New settee upholstery and foam $160
  • Lightening protection grounding plate and masthead arial, shrouds and lifelines also grounded into grounding plate. $400
  • New VHF antenna electrically isolated from mast $120
  • New marine grade VHF coax cable run in mast with new disconnect fittings $100
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Bug screens for all five opening hatches

Rebuilds List:

• Engine rebuilt 2005 (still under 1,000 hrs)
  • Valves adjusted 2017
  • Glow plugs replaced 2017
  • Engine exhaust system and coolant bypass anti-siphon completely rebuilt $500
  • Alternator rebuilt $150
  • Starter rebuilt $150
  • Seawater cooling pump replaced $200
  • Engine heat exchanger rebuilt
  • Diesel tank scrubbed clean and inspected
  • All standing rigging replaced $1,000
  • Galley sink pump rebuilt $60
  • Rope clutches rebuilt, new handles installed $100
  • Factory plastic spreader caps replaced with stronger aluminum ones $150
  • New curtains installed
  • Head and bathroom sink converted to seawater feed
  • All hose clamps below waterline replaced with stronger non perforated stainless hose clamps $80
  • Diesel fuel fill cap and base replaced $300
  • Diesel fill hose vent hose and static release wire replaced with new $80
  • Deck fills for fresh water and waste re-bedded
  • Chain plates replaced with stronger ones made by Garhauer Marine $200
  • New toggles made for standing rigging to match new larger diameter chain plates $75
  • Vented loop on toilet discharge line relocated toward centerline to keep vent above waterline when heeled
  • New tiller made of solid purple heart and fiberglass encapsulated with 2 part urethane paint $200
  • Cockpit cam cleats replaced with new $60
  • Self tailing Lewmar 16 on cabin top for easier mainsail hoisting $600 (jib sheet winches already self tailing)
  • New cutlass bearing $65
  • New split coupler on prop shaft $85
  • Prop protector (cutter) $225
  • New PSS dripless shaft seal bellows $80
  • Shaft machining and truing $350
  • Fresh water tank replaced with new $90
  • Fixed port lights replaced with cell cast acrylic $300
  • Waste tank removed cleaned of scale, inspected and re placed 2017
  • Waste selector Y-valve Replaced with new easy throw style and labeled for easy selection
  • Companionway steps rebuilt with wider treads for better footing in a seaway

Trailer:

• New tires and wheels 2017 $700
  • New trailer brakes 2017 $500
  • New suspension 2017 $800
  • New wheel bearings 2017 $60

Other:

• Zodiac 7’7” with high pressure air floor $1,200 (one year old)
  • Dinghy includes oars, bridal and painter for towing and an anchor for the dinghy
  • 6hp Outboard with 2 fuel tanks $800 (Dinghy planes with 2 people and gear!)
  • Oil change suction pump for diesel engine
  • Second anchor with chain and rode
  • Parachute Drogue with line, and floats
  • Boat hook
  • Handheld waterproof VHF
  • Fenders
  • Dock lines
  • jacklines

Last edited:

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
"Pictures are worth a thousand words"
IMG_1381.jpgScreen Shot 2017-03-28 at 4.30.52 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.59.17 PM.jpgturtle rigging 7 finished.jpg

I'll upload some interior shots too, I just have to resize them first.

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
As listed previously in this thread my E-26 is for sale. I have had a few potential buyers say they had no need for the trailer, if I indeed sell the boat to someone who has no need for the trailer I will offer the trailer for $2,000 and I can deliver it anywhere between the Florida keys and the Carolinas and as far west as the rockies.
The trailer has brand new wheeles and tires, new brakes on both axles, new suspension including springs, shackles, U-bolts, and perches. It also has new wiring and LED lighting, and new bearings.
Let me know if you have any intrest. Thank you.
(My boat is the deep draft version)