• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for a E381 Sailplan drawing suitable for framing

Neil Gallagher

1984 E381
Hello All:

I'd like to find a Sailplan for the E381 that is suitable for framing. I believe Sailplan is the correct term it is the yacht designers drawing of the boat either on her lines or with the underbody with keel / rudder configurations shown. I've looked in the download section of the site which has the Infopack but I don't see one that appears to be of quality for a picture frame. These make great conversation pieces for the office or in the cabin.

Anybody have one they can share?

Thanks!

Neil Gallagher

SV Waypoint

Neil Gallagher

1984 E381
E381 Sailplan found!

Went to the boat this weekend and found the original plans! I am going to look into digitizing them. I will report back with the outcome.

u079721

Contributing Partner
I wouldn't mind seeing that either. This drawing of a generic E38 is the best I was able to find in the past. It's the one I used on our boat cards with our name and address. But I doubt this would look very good when blown up and framed.

Attachments

• RagDoll-L.jpg
    RagDoll-L.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, generic because....

I can't seem to find a straightforward description, much less a drawing, of the deck differences between the 38/381 and the 38-200 (which we know has a different deck).

I believe the difference starts with a recessed companionway (to allow a different after cabin). We know the cockpit is revised shallower on the 200. Does the 200 also have a smaller foredeck (because the cabin house is pushed forward)?

In any case the profile "sail plan" of the 200 would be slightly different in deck profile. Wouldn't it?

Sailboatdata.com seems to use generic photos (and who can blame them). This thread comes close but doesn't quite answer the profile question:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?11962-Ericson-38-vs-Ericson-38-200

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I've seen a number of images on the web in which someone has apparently taken older boat drawings and put them into a 3D rendering program of some sort. Pretty cool, but I guess that someone has to put in a lot of work in step 1.

BTW, I started tracing over the drawings from Sailboatdata.com, to draw current and potential future modifications. For my boat, there turn out to be quite a few differences between the drawing and the "as built" state of the boat! Things such as settee heights, bulkhead placement, settee backs drawn as curves but built as straight lines, etc. It might take a lot of work and careful measurement to make an accurate "as built" drawing.

Neil Gallagher

1984 E381
Original drawings scanned into PDF format

Ok Folks my e381 had the original drawings onboard which I had scanned into .pdf format. I would attach them but they exceed the forums' file size limitation They are faded but did scan ok. No luck finding a Sail Plan suitable for framing yet but still working on it. There are 3 drawings; sail plan, electrical and plumbing.