• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

drawer removal question

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The 'trick' to the drawer stop

This showed up at the end of an unrelated thread, so I moved it....

As to the question, just reach under the center front of the drawer and gently push up on the little plastic keeper, with the drawer almost but not quite all the way open. That's also why it does not open up and fall out when the boat is rolling around in a seaway.
I might not be describing it well, but once you figure it out, it really is easy.

Last edited:

markvone

Sustaining Member
Blue Chip,

To add to Loren's description with a picture, see the picture on the right of post #1 of the following thread:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?12831-Drawer-Guides-Update-Nov-2014

The picture shows two (broken) drawer guides on the bottom of an upside-down drawer. The left guide is still mounted to the center-back of the drawer bottom. The small white plastic piece on the far right is the "Travel Loc" mounted to the center-front of the drawer bottom.

The Travel Loc keeps the drawer closed until you pull up on the front to pull the drawer open.

The "tab" in the center of the guide on the back of the drawer (attached at the front of the guide with a gap around the rest of the tab) is the thing that keeps the drawer from coming all the way out. I usually push the tab up toward the bottom of the drawer with a screwdriver inserted above the metal track while pulling the drawer out. I can also reach it with my finger.

Mark

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have had several cases where the "slide guide" -- the steel runner -- lost its connection at the far end. All it needed was reattachment.

But these things never were robust, and after 30 years most are rusted, loose and the plastic broken or about to break.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I believe this is like the track and parts I bought for one of our drawers when the original pieces broke.
"Delta Glide 100 Concealed Drawer Slide"
Available from Rockler Woodworking, and their price is listed as $8.99.

Attachments

• Delta Glide 100.jpeg
    Delta Glide 100.jpeg
    1.1 KB · Views: 392
Last edited: