• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Boat Pubes! (Our latest video... E38-200 haulout in Tahiti)

Ryan L

s/v Naoma
We haul for paint in Tahiti, discover the usual small crack in the front of the keel, and come across some paddlers in distress.

Note- Before anyone starts twitching with comments about how our keel is going to fall off at any moment (with links to the threads about the release wax on the stub) we made sure we were good to go before leaving on this trip. In our opinion and experience a small crack on the leading edge of an externally mounted fin-keel on a boat that is sailed as often and as hard as ours is completely normal and not necessarily a sign of any problem. In fact, all the keelboats we've owned have had this. A fully loaded cruising boat sailed over 20,000 ocean miles in 2 years, much of it upwind, can easily develop small cosmetic stress cracks at the keel/hull margin.

We hope you enjoy the video! :)

https://youtu.be/ZGXQRuF35SI

EGregerson

Member III
looks like everything is copacetic

enjoyed watching the real boating world; here today was rain with a tornado passing thru. Rather be sailing. So how do u address the attitude (latitude) change? The shift from attitude outbound (adventure, new horizons) to attitude inbound; going home. I mean i might have a return of a hundred miles or more; (and it's usually: I'm ready to sleep in my own bed; need repairs, etc). but thousands of miles seems like a whole nuther dimension. Unless of course, if u do a Magellan (crew) and just keep sailing West.