• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 fuel tank

Bill Hearsey

I have a 76 E-27 with the split cockpit and unfortunately a leaky fuel tank. In searching the threads, I found 1 listing for a retro fit tank as the original tank will only come out with the assistance of a sawsall. The tank that was suggested, had a depth of only 7". That seems to me to asking for sucking air as the tank gets down on fuel. They suggested installing the new tank under the cockpit floor, forward of the rudder post. I found a tempo tank (#640060) that can be installed under the floor, if I cut a hole in through the shelf next to the quarter birth, slide the tank in from behind the engine and either hang from the shelf or sitting it a pre made platform attached to hull. After the tank is installed, it would be easy to build a wood box to cover the tank from the inside.

Others must have had to install new tanks. Even by pulling the engine, the tank will still not come out. Any other suggestings before I ripping and tearing?

Last edited: