• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted Anyone in the LA Harbor area that has put in the rudder zerk on an E 35

Tomwine

Member II
Looking for anyone in the LA Harbor area that has installed a rudder Zerk on Ericson 35 Mk2 1974. I have read and seen many good pictures of the process and would love to pay someone that has done it to do it for me. I have looked a Ignacio's and Christians posts and my rudder housing looks a little different. I cant see any factory Zerks on my post. Not against paying well and providing beers after completion. I should have all tools and epoxy here at boat.
Please contact me if your interested. I have a pretty hard time getting back into the area to do this job and want it done right the first time.
Thanks
Tom Winesett My boats in CYM Wilmington. I live in Las Vegas but have people that have access to my boat. I travel to the boat quite often.
This is one of the last things on my long list of things to do to the boat before the season begins.

paul culver

Member III
I've struggled with this question for quite some time. My E29 doesn't have any rudder zercs either. The head honcho at the local boat yard says a lot of boats don't need rudder greasing if they have a bronze ring where the post goes through the deck which mine appears to have. I don't know if this is true but I've had the boat (a 1977) 10 years and the rudder action is fine.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Tomwine

Member II
No takers

Is there anyone in the Long Beach area that would like to take on this job. I'm a little to stiff to get into this area without having to call someone pull me out.
Thanks
Tom

Tomwine

Member II
E 35 rudder zerk installation

Anyone in Long Beach area wanting to crawl into a tight space for me?