• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED - E27-E32 any year - SOCAL Area

Lisa Petersen

27' Ericson Available in Portland

All lines lead to the cockpit, great for single handling! Current price = $9997a

pics available!

27’ Ericson
Gusto has been on the Columbia River for 20 years, well cared for and maintained every year. If you are looking for your first cruising boat, she’s a solid choice. Fast yet stable and an excellent sail in light or heavy wind. Perfect size for single handed sailing, all lines lead to the cockpit. Auto-pilot works flawlessly, also helpful for single handed sailing or cruising.
Specs:
9.9 high thrust Yamaha outboard with cockpit controls
Dodger with windows & bimini (removable)
Covers for mainsail, jib, handrails
2 auto-pilots for tiller
Spinnaker & whisker pole
GPS
Refrigeration
Icebox
Force 10 cabin heater – propane
Dickinson 2 burner stove – propane
New interior foam & cushions on settee, v-berth & quarter berth
LED interior lighting with dimmer
CQR bow anchor, Danforth stern anchor
AC DC breaker panels
AC Plugs
AM/FM CD stereo with remote
Dual batteries with selector switch, voltmeter
30 amp marine charger
Decks repainted 5 years ago

chrisoelder

Member II
Still interested

Not sure if you are interested in an Ericson 27 with electric propulsion however, i might sell mine for the right price. I can give you details if your interested.
just shoot me a message.

Hi! Thank you for your post. I am very interested. I am assuming based on your location that the boat has primarily been in a fresh water lake?

Also do you have any photos?

Cheers,
Chris

chrisoelder

Member II
This sounds great!

All lines lead to the cockpit, great for single handling! Current price = $9997a

pics available!

27’ Ericson
Gusto has been on the Columbia River for 20 years, well cared for and maintained every year. If you are looking for your first cruising boat, she’s a solid choice. Fast yet stable and an excellent sail in light or heavy wind. Perfect size for single handed sailing, all lines lead to the cockpit. Auto-pilot works flawlessly, also helpful for single handed sailing or cruising.
Specs:
9.9 high thrust Yamaha outboard with cockpit controls
Dodger with windows & bimini (removable)
Covers for mainsail, jib, handrails
2 auto-pilots for tiller
Spinnaker & whisker pole
GPS
Refrigeration
Icebox
Force 10 cabin heater – propane
Dickinson 2 burner stove – propane
New interior foam & cushions on settee, v-berth & quarter berth
LED interior lighting with dimmer
CQR bow anchor, Danforth stern anchor
AC DC breaker panels
AC Plugs
AM/FM CD stereo with remote
Dual batteries with selector switch, voltmeter
30 amp marine charger
Decks repainted 5 years ago

This sounds great! Portland is a bit far though.

I see that you have an outboard powering the boat. Is there a ceased motor on the boat? Also do you mind sending me a link to the photos?

Thank you!

AND THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT! THIS FORUM HAS MADE SUCH A GREAT IMPACT ON ME AND MY BOAT BUYING EXPERIENCE.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Having an OB in the right place

I see that you have an outboard powering the boat. Is there a ceased motor on the boat? Also do you mind sending me a link to the photos?

Thank you!

AND THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT! THIS FORUM HAS MADE SUCH A GREAT IMPACT ON ME AND MY BOAT BUYING EXPERIENCE.

Until the seller checks in, I can add that quite a number of E-27 model were built with a transom-mounted OB provision. Inboard engine was optional. Note that having the OB motor against the transom is WAY better than having it hung out on a bracket like some other brands of boat in that size range- this keeps the prop submerged in waves.
I owned a Niagara 26 for a decade with a transom-mounted Yamaha hi-thrust 4 stroke motor and it worked extremely well, even in 2 to 3 foot seas.)

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Jothman247

Boat info

Hi! Thank you for your post. I am very interested. I am assuming based on your location that the boat has primarily been in a fresh water lake?

Also do you have any photos?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,
sorry my location would confuse that but I keep my boat down in the San Pedro area, however I do live in Shaver Lake. I will try and attach some photos.
~ Jonathan
Jonathanheirendt@gmail.com

IMG_1040.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 41

Lisa Petersen

27' with an outboard

Thank you!

Chris,

The outbound is actually pretty great - easy to work on, oil changes and tune ups are a breeze. No, no ceased motor - this was designed strictly as an outboard version. Ericson increased ballast in the lead keel by 200 pounds in the aft section of the keel. The area where an inbound would be is completely empty and used for storage. Gusto has been in fresh water (Columbia River) for 25+ years (possibly her whole life but I cannot verify past the owner we purchased from here in Portland).

Yamaha 9.9 high thrust is a 2003 with about 850 hours on it. Electric start with inboard cockpit controls.

Here is the link to the ad, good photos! http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/6270998613.html?lang=en&cc=us

Let me know if you have more questions.
Lisa

chrisoelder

Member II
Heck of a deal

Chris,

The outbound is actually pretty great - easy to work on, oil changes and tune ups are a breeze. No, no ceased motor - this was designed strictly as an outboard version. Ericson increased ballast in the lead keel by 200 pounds in the aft section of the keel. The area where an inbound would be is completely empty and used for storage. Gusto has been in fresh water (Columbia River) for 25+ years (possibly her whole life but I cannot verify past the owner we purchased from here in Portland).

Yamaha 9.9 high thrust is a 2003 with about 850 hours on it. Electric start with inboard cockpit controls.

Here is the link to the ad, good photos! http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/6270998613.html?lang=en&cc=us

Let me know if you have more questions.
Lisa

I love this boat! And its a heck of a deal but sadly Portland is just too far for me to come and look at it :/

Thank you for your post though and the recommendation.

Wish you the best of luck!!!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Travel note

For the right boat, I'd assert a trip can be well worth it.

(signed) "very happy I flew to California"

Back in the 90's, we drove all over OR and WA, even southern BC. Found our boat in Alameda (SF), and had it trucked up here. No regrets. At all. Period.

:)

in the long run, finding the 'right' boat is the first priority, easily.

Catch a "red eye" flight up here. This Ericson is moored within sight of the runways @ PDX. I betcha Steve could pick you up; it's a small yacht club and I could do the taxi honors if you are serious at the price.
(Or use one of those Uber-vehicles.)

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Lisa,

That is a sweet looking E27! I like the settee modification. Is that a refrigerator aft of the port settee?

chrisoelder

Member II
Temptations!

Back in the 90's, we drove all over OR and WA, even southern BC. Found our boat in Alameda (SF), and had it trucked up here. No regrets. At all. Period.

:)

in the long run, finding the 'right' boat is the first priority, easily.

Catch a "red eye" flight up here. This Ericson is moored within sight of the runways @ PDX. I betcha Steve could pick you up; it's a small yacht club and I could do the taxi honors if you are serious at the price.
(Or use one of those Uber-vehicles.)

That is super tempting!!!! Also flights are pretty cheap... hmmmmmmmm

Don Smith

Member II
Hey guys!

Looking for an Ericson 27ft to 32ft (1970s-1990s) sailboat in okay condition. I would love to find a boat that has a running engine, solid hull, and dry bilge. I don't mind fixing cosmetic issues. I am a young sailor looking to get my first boat. I have chartered for the past season but have decided that i would like to go farther with something i can call my own. I take a lot of pride in ownership. If you are, or know anyone, selling a solid Ericson in the SOCAL area (I am in LA) please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, would you consider a 1985 E26 with diesel engine? Boat and all systems in excellent condition. If interested email me at jumpy48@aol.com.

Captain Don

e38 owner

Member III
there is a ericson 32-2 in Bear Lake Utah
Owner bought a 32-3
has a trailer
I will see the owner this weekend
Has been on the hard for a year
Fresh water boat
Diesel engine. Tran may need work may have been fixed not sure
I don't know the asking price
Pm me if interested and I will forward contact infotallyII.jpg

Last edited:

chrisoelder

Member II
Any more info

there is a ericson 32-2 in Bear Lake Utah
Owner bought a 32-3
has a trailer
I will see the owner this weekend
Has been on the hard for a year
Fresh water boat
Diesel engine. Tran may need work may have been fixed not sure
I don't know the asking price
Pm me if interested and I will forward contact infoView attachment 22658

Hi! Did you happen to get any more info on this boat?

Thanks! Chris

Lisa Petersen

27' Ericson Still Available

That is super tempting!!!! Also flights are pretty cheap... hmmmmmmmm

We still have her for sale and she's just cleaned and ready to preview. As a side note - the 27' has more storage room and space than the 32' Ericson we just bought! We were shocked but she does have extra locker and space and that fridge along with an icebox is a huge bonus.

Alas, we will be sad to see her go but it's very important to us that she goes to a true Ericson sailor!
Let us know if you want to come look at her!

S/V Vital Spark

'29 Ericson - COMPLETELY SET UP FOR CRUISING

Hey Chris, would you be interested in a very well equipped Ericson '29 setup with everything you could need to begin cruising her long distance? We are selling our babied Ericson Sloop down here in Mexico - We cruised her south from California last year. From my understanding, it can be counted as offshore and you don't pay sales tax if you register the sale with the Coast Guard and only bring her north after one year of purchase. This boat was our first cruiser and she has performed extremely well in all conditions. http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...READY-FOR-CRUISING!-Over-23K-Invested!!!-LOOK!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

chrisoelder

Member II
Hey Chris, would you be interested in a very well equipped Ericson '29 setup with everything you could need to begin cruising her long distance? We are selling our babied Ericson Sloop down here in Mexico - We cruised her south from California last year. From my understanding, it can be counted as offshore and you don't pay sales tax if you register the sale with the Coast Guard and only bring her north after one year of purchase. This boat was our first cruiser and she has performed extremely well in all conditions. http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...READY-FOR-CRUISING!-Over-23K-Invested!!!-LOOK!!

She is a beauty! But Mexico and buying outside of the USA is pretty intimidating, does anyone have any guidance or information to help me with buying outside of the US

Nick Frye

1976 32-2

Hi Chris,

Are you still looking for a boat? Mine is in San Pedro. She’s a 32-2 bottom was painted this April, new cutlass bearing. She has a newer Beta Marine diesel with about 900 hrs on the clock. Standing rigging and chainplates were all redone and over-sized by prior owner. It has radar, nav, auto pilot. I haven’t listed it for sale as we aren’t moving till January and I love using it. Let me know if you’re interested. Sails are serviceable and per the recent rig survey and tune are in good shape (be happy to share service records and surveys)

Thanks,
Nick

chrisoelder

Member II
Very much so!

Hi Chris,

Are you still looking for a boat? Mine is in San Pedro. She’s a 32-2 bottom was painted this April, new cutlass bearing. She has a newer Beta Marine diesel with about 900 hrs on the clock. Standing rigging and chainplates were all redone and over-sized by prior owner. It has radar, nav, auto pilot. I haven’t listed it for sale as we aren’t moving till January and I love using it. Let me know if you’re interested. Sails are serviceable and per the recent rig survey and tune are in good shape (be happy to share service records and surveys)

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the note! I am going to PM you for more details

Thanks,
Chris