• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED - E27-E32 any year - SOCAL Area

chrisoelder

Member II
Hey guys!

Looking for an Ericson 27ft to 32ft (1970s-1990s) sailboat in okay condition. I would love to find a boat that has a running engine, solid hull, and dry bilge. I don't mind fixing cosmetic issues. I am a young sailor looking to get my first boat. I have chartered for the past season but have decided that i would like to go farther with something i can call my own. I take a lot of pride in ownership. If you are, or know anyone, selling a solid Ericson in the SOCAL area (I am in LA) please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

chrisoelder

Member II
Hi MMLOGAN,

Thank you for posting this. You have a beautiful boat but sadly our price ranges are a bit too far. Its also a bit bigger then i am comfortable with single handling.

MMLOGAN

Member III
I understand

I can work on the price but I'm hesitant to work on the length.

Best of luck with your hunt.

Ericsons are truly great boats. Don't give up.

prsmith

1974 Ericson 27

Hey Chris,

I have a 1974 Ericson 27 in King Harbor that you may be interested in. I am looking to upgrade to an E38-200 or an E-35.

Within the past two years I have:

- New Main and 135% Genoa in January 2016
- Bottom Painted in January 2016
- New Head and all Seacocks replaced in May 2016
- Head Gaskets changed, fuel tank refinished, new sparkplugs, in July 2016
- 1 Starter Battery, 3 House Batteries (forgetting full AMP spec)
- 30W Solar Panel to keep batteries fresh on Catalina.
- New Stuffing Box in October 2016
- New Raymarine i70 Wind, Depth, Speed Transducers

She does however have a Palmer p-60 gasoline engine which are a bit on the rare side. All major work has been done... exhaust, gaskets, ect. It runs fantastically, pushing to catalina several times each year and starts right up, even on cold mornings.

I was planning on putting the 27 on the market later this year, but if you are interested I am happy to run down to the boat and take a few pictures.

chrisoelder

Member II
prsmith - I am very interested!

Just a couple of questions:

Does it have a fresh water tank? I know some of these didnt come stock with them and were added later

How are the through hulls when you pulled it to be painted? Any blisters?

Do you have the engine hours?

Dry bilge?

Dry boat?

Transferrable slip?

Does it have an auto pilot?

Is it the original rigging?

Also, do you mind Private messaging me the price you plan to sell it at?

Last edited:

chrisoelder

Member II
Still Looking

Hi All!

Just wanted to post here that I am still looking for a nice boat. Thank you! Fingers crossed someone will have something

chrisoelder

Member II
Still Searching

Hey! I am still searching for a solid first boat. Any ericson between 27 and 32 feet in the SOCAL area. Open to any year or configuration.

I am a young sailor looking to purchase my first boat to help me hone my skills over the next few years as i prep for for my sail to Hawaii

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
It might help if you could also give a range of price you are prepared to pay. Also, it's usually better to pay a little more for a boat that's been very well maintained, rather than paying less for one that hasn't and then doing all the project work and replacements to get her fixed up, unless you are very handy and can afford to spend time on it.

Good luck!
Frank

chrisoelder

Member II
That is a great idea - Thank you!

I am looking for an Ericson between 27-32 (will go up to 35 if price works) feet. Looking for a boat that doesnt need much for her to be out on the water in the bay. I am open to any year and any configuration. I am willing to spend up to 15,000 for the perfect boat.

A little about me - I am a young sailor in my late 20s. The boat will be used for honing my skills as i prep for my sail to Hawaii in 3 years. Shoot - if the boat is up for it i might take her for the 3000 mile journey. Eventually this will lead to my circumnavigation. I have been searching for the past 8 months with little luck. I am hoping this forum will be my gateway to the perfect ericson for me.

I am located in SOCAL. I would prefer the boat to be within a couple hour drive but i am open to boats outside that area for the right price.

Thanks!
Chris

chrisoelder

Member II
Thank you for the help! I have reached out to a few of these boats in the past, lets see if another email will result in better response

Thanks again!

If anyone here is selling an ericson OR knows someone selling an ericson please feel free to leave a note!

Thanks!
Chris

Dan Clifford

Did you find the Ericson 27' you were thinking about???

Ericson27'
Hey guys!

Looking for an Ericson 27ft to 32ft (1970s-1990s) sailboat in okay condition. I would love to find a boat that has a running engine, solid hull, and dry bilge. I don't mind fixing cosmetic issues. I am a young sailor looking to get my first boat. I have chartered for the past season but have decided that i would like to go farther with something i can call my own. I take a lot of pride in ownership. If you are, or know anyone, selling a solid Ericson in the SOCAL area (I am in LA) please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

chrisoelder

Member II
Sadly there has been no response

Ericson27'

Hi Dan,

Are referring to the message above that prsmith posted? If so, i started messaging prsmith about setting up a time to see the boat but sadly prsmith has become inactive and i havnt heard a response for a few months. I am still interested in the boat they were describing, it was perfect for my needs.

Thanks!

Jothman247

Still Looking?

Not sure if you are interested in an Ericson 27 with electric propulsion however, i might sell mine for the right price. I can give you details if your interested.
just shoot me a message.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Jothman247,

Welcome. More details on your EP E27 please. Motor, controller, batteries.....

Jothman247

Electric Ericson 27

Hi Mark,
I have actually spoken with you before a few years ago regarding your setup when I was making the decision to do my conversion. You were an awesome help! I couldnt remember my username and password so I created a new one.
1973 Ericson 27
Electric Yacht 10kw DIY kit - http://electricyacht.com/product/electric-propulsion-plug-n-play-2/ ( 5kw was recommended but i went with a 10kw because i knew i would eventually want to move it to a bigger boat.)
4 Lifeline AGM 12V 8D AGM Deep Cycle Battery - 255 Ah, 1350 CCA, 158 lb, Marine Blade Terminals
Norco Genius 4 Bank Charger and Schumacher DSI 25 Amp 48V digital charger for motoring on the 2000w generator by Generac
I installed everything with my son came out really nice and works great. no issues other than needing more space for more family members!
[h=1][/h]

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I know of one

Hey guys!

Thanks,
Chris

You will need a couple of weeks with a decent weather window for a delivery, or a borrowed trailer... but one of the cleanest and best equipped Ericson 27's you will ever find is just coming onto the market in Portland.
The owner is moving up to an E-32/3 right now.
Ad posted here, now.

Loren

Last edited: