• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: =/> Lewmar 30 2 speed self tailers

Thursty30

Member II
Title says it all, looking to upgrade a couple of my winches to self tailers as most of my sailing is single handed. Lewmar 2 speed #30 on at the moment, would consider larger winches with in reason, but nothing smaller. Looking for a pair, color is not important as long as the pair matches.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Title says it all, looking to upgrade a couple of my winches to self tailers as most of my sailing is single handed. Lewmar 2 speed #30 on at the moment, would consider larger winches with in reason, but nothing smaller. Looking for a pair, color is not important as long as the pair matches.
Minney's in Newport Beach had several sizes of new ST Lewmars at amazing prices. Don't know what their inventory is now but it is worth checking. Phone: (949) 548-4192

Thursty30

Member II
Minney's in Newport Beach had several sizes of new ST Lewmars at amazing prices. Don't know what their inventory is now but it is worth checking. Phone: (949) 548-4192

Hey, thanks for the hot tip. Just checked out their website, that place is awesome! Search over, not sure you beat that pricing, even buying used.

Tempted to start a thread to collect places like that. Quality surplus like that can be hard to find with a simple google search. A "yellow pages" of salvage, surplus, etc would would be an awesome resource!

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
If you do a search on Good Old Boat, which is a magazine about old boats, there is a section on Consignment Stores. It is a long list of these places, with address and phone numbers. I don't know if it's kept up to date, but it may be the resource you're looking for. Others may know of similar resources and lists.

Frank

e38 owner

Member III
Harken 46.2 st

I have been going through the winch upgrade process. I bought a used set of Harken Barabossa 46.2 ST very good condition to replace the Barient 28.
Never had time to install them so I have determined to stay with the Barients and maybe purchase some winchmates.
They are in very good condition based on the Harken Classic. Harken has most replacement parts other than a drum etc.
I will not be at the boat for about 3 weeks and then it will be another month or so.
The winches need to be sold has a pair and it appears that $525 each seems like a fair price if interested $1050.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Hey, thanks for the hot tip. Just checked out their website, that place is awesome! Search over, not sure you beat that pricing, even buying used.

Tempted to start a thread to collect places like that. Quality surplus like that can be hard to find with a simple google search. A "yellow pages" of salvage, surplus, etc would would be an awesome resource!
I paid just under $1,000 for a pair of Lewmar 30 ST's, new in the box. That size is more than adequate for my Ericson 26-2.