• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

North Main for 32-MkIII 2+2 battens 2 reefs, loose footed, VGC

Ian S

Member III
Hi all. I have a good North Main for an Ericson model 32-3 for sale. I replaced this main a couple of seasons ago and hung onto it until I was confident about the quality of my new sail. This sail was not in desperate need of replacement but I opted to have a matching set of sails built from the same loft. I have almost 40 years sailing experience and can attest to the caliber of this North main sail, as it is dean near bullet proof! If North still made sails of this calibre I would have bought another one. The shape is still very good, very good hardware, including foot and leech cords with aluminum cleats, fully webbed rings, aluminum headboard, captured batten pockets, leech tell tales, draft stripes, and Ericson insignia. I believe the cloth to be 7.62HA. I also have two sets of battens. one set of std. fiberglass and one set of laminated tapered. sail is a 2+2 two full uppers and two partial lowers. slugs are composite slippery slugs and in decent condition.
There are however a couple of detractions. The sail is loose footed and within the first panel area there are I believe two small holes 1" to 1-1/2" dia. from mice. These were repaired with dacron patch. Neither are in critical areas and do not effect the integrity of the sail in any way! they are simply cosmetic and truthfully hardly noticed as the patches match the original sailcloth well. Im sorry I don't have any photos currently. Please contact me if you have any interest in this sail. I would be happy to send pictures the repairs are very minor! Thanks!

Capt. Ian Snook
50T USCG Master
847-912-2124

Last edited:

Khubersail

32-3 main sail

Hello,
I would be interested in learning more. Cost, where you are located and any pictures.

Kirt Huber.