• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

windows for scorpion 32 5.5

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Window sourcing

My SWAG is that Ericson (and most other builders in that era) sourced their windows locally from a firm that was set up to supply the RV industry. A short-run design like that would not generate potential income to justify keeping patterns and parts available like it would for a production boat with a 5000+ output over 20 or 25 years, for instance.

If the corner radius is too severe for a modern supplier to bend in aluminum and you want to keep the 'signature' shape, best to change to an external acrylic or lexan lens, like the factory fixed ports on my model.

http://www.boatwindows.com/products/standard-duty-fixed-window-series-1150/
I have seen this company's custom windows on a Cascade 36, with smoked glass. Quite good looking. Stunning, actually.
The unknown is the current cost. Best just to make a pattern and have them quote you. As their site information points out, you might also have to modify your radius.

Regards,
Loren

markvone

Sustaining Member
lebo,

Mark Plastics in Carona , CA can make plastic framed replacements from your outline drawing of the opening.

I have a set of these now and will be replacing them this winter with another set as the acrylic is very crazed and they are hard to see through. I like that they are plastic, not aluminum, so no corrosion of the frame and the lens is sealed in the frame with no gasket to fail and leak. Prices are good also.

See details, website and pricing in this thread:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...-me-Identify-these-Fixed-Portlights&highlight=

Mark

paul culver

Member III
You can google Bomon (not Bowman) in Canada if you want replacements fabricated from scratch. I used them for replacing the sliding glass portlight in the E29 head.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Ditto on Boman. Not cheap but worth every penny. Brush up on your French before you call.