• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

74 E27 optional pull-out double

SteveS

Member II
Does anyone know of how the optional pull-out double berth conversion for the starboard settee worked on an E27? I have a 1974 but I saw this feature advertised on a 1978 model. Thanks in advance.

Steve Slaughter

escapade

Inactive Member
Starboard settee

I'm not sure if it was an option, but on my 75 E27 I removed the fiddle (mahogany piece) on the front of the settee. I then marked where the flat met the fiddle & cut along this line on my table saw (splits the fiddle into 2 pieces). I then reattached the lower piece to the hull liner. Then I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit the area available under the cushion, added a piece of 3/4 X 3/4 pine along the edge for strength, and attached the upper half of the fiddle to this piece. This would slide under the cushion during the day & slide out @ night. We used the companion way ladder on it's side to support the outboard end and used the cushion from the port settee to make up the berth. BTW, we also mounted a piano hinge to the table & folded that up against the bulkhead. All in all it worked out pretty well. Hope this helps you out.
Have fun & sail fast
Bud
E34 "Escapade"

raleighm

Member II
Double berth project photos

Any chance you can post photos of the plywood berth extension you described? I would like to do the same on my E27 and don't want to re-create the wheel. Thanks for any help.

escapade

Inactive Member
foto's

Sorry, I sold that boat 10 years ago to buy my E30+. Never took any photo's of the interior mod's we had done. Lost track of her after that. Direction's in previous post should help you, though. Really not that difficult. Just make parts fit the available space, remove companion way ladder & lay on side for support (you need to remove it anyhow for room). Piece of cake. If you have any more specific questions I will try to answer them.
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Ian

Member II
Double berth

I am not sure if it will help you, but I designed a bunk conversion for my E27, which works very well.
I built a table, which has a retractable hinge on the head wall, and this drops down to fit onto the sofa, with another retarctable hinge at that height.
I have two screw in legs for support.
The system works very well, and was fairly easy and economical to build. I would be very happy to send you pics if you wish.
Ian

raleighm

Member II
Bunk Conversion

Ian, I would love to see photos of your bunk conversion. The small bunks are one of my few peeves about the E27. The v-berth is way too short for my 6'3" frame and the setees are too narrow for comfort. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Raleigh

Ian

Member II
Steve,
I would love to, but unfortunately I have moved to Saudi Arabia. I will be back in the States in August, and will be happy to send some then.
Sorry! :(

rogerdann

modified P & S berths

I have modified the berths on our e27 to give more width. If you still want photos I can help, if you haven't started yet.

Dave Hussey

Member III
pictures?

I would also like to see the pictures if there are some going around...wish the web site had a general picture uplink page :esad:

Rschil2

Does anyone have pics of this problem solved?

I like to snuggle with the Missus. Anyone have some pics of this solution?